Clear All

ok,need a better shot of eagle

Comment

ok, it's on the way

here you are, if you need another let me kn ow. Thanks much
      Attached Files

Comment

hi cordia
        sorry about your bad luck so far , as for the 1944 gau it looks promising from the pics but to be sure can you do 1 pic of the complete front straight on and the same for the reverse

Comment

It may be ok this level Gau badge is teh most faked of the three.

Comment

here's a stright on back/front of my 1944

Thanks and I hope this will be better for you all to see. I going to get some stands to place them on soon. That's a little rust on the base of the pin. Thanks again
            Attached Files

Comment

Did Bremmer use a small pin on the back or a wide pin or both. I have only seen this maker with the wide hinged pin and not the ball pin.
              Jack

Cordia, Keep up the work, you are on the forum and that is a good start.
              Be patient with what you buy, take you time and get to know people. Ask questions, go to shows and touch things, handle pieces, read books, narrow your field for now and then expand. You have
              a long life ahead (I assume you are young ???) and this stuff seems to be going down in value. Find trusted sellers and stick with them. Buy from sellers that have a good reputation. If pieces are too cheap, it is usually for a reason. Look for quality. I agree with you books have contridictions. Look for the more modern books, Books are not cheap, but will save you many times over the cost of buying them. we have more information available today then I ever did when I started buying. Use your search engines on your computer and belong to more than one forum. If everyone here posted the dumbest thing they ever got stuck with it would make your story sound mild. maybe ???
              GOOD LUCK and do not give up.

Comment

this is the correct style pin for these badges, the badge looks good forom the front and i suspect its a good original but can you tell what colout the hinge is as it looks a brass colour in your pics which is not a good thing and what the catch looks like,

Comment

The pin color

The pin has a little rust on the ball. But, it's the same color as the pin gray.

Comment

then thats a good thing, from the pics i would be happy to have it

Comment

Wow just look at the colour of that enamel

Nick

Comment

HJ Badge

Hello, Is this one below a bad one ?? I recieved this in a small collection I purchased, many years ago.
                        Jack
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by dolchmann07; 02-18-2011, 07:15 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

your 1944

I haven't been doing this for long, but have picked up some points. To me the catch for the pin looks different as well as the pin. The pin should be thin and the latch should be a ball type. The base of the pin should be a ball type as well. On the front the head looks thick and short. However, like I said these are some points I picked up form this forum. So, please let others that have been doing this for a while advise you if it's real or fake. On the back with the name, the M and A should not be touching
                          Last edited by cordia; 02-18-2011, 07:57 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X