My 1944, real or fake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 1944, real or fake

hope this isn't real, but the way I buy things it looks bad. However, if anyons a fake 1938 Gausieger for sale, let me know. Then I'll have a complete set of fakes for that year. Thanks very much for the help
    Attached Files

why do you hope the badge is fake?

Comment

Cordia: Can you please elaborate whats up with you exclusively collecting fakes? Are you planning a book or a site to identify fakes, or ??? I am just curious., as most here have the opposite intent, and many end up collecting fakes as a result of getting "taken".

Comment

I don't

I just found out that my 2 KRIM, 2 CUBAN, and Narvik are fake. I also found out that
        my 1938 Reichssieger and 1938 Kreissieger were fake as well. I just want to find out if the 1944 is. And as far as looking for a fake 1938 Gausieger, it would complete and set of 1938's. I'm a collector and DO NOT resale anything, fake or real. All I do is learn from my mistakes and go from there. That's all

Comment

the reason why I collect fakes

It's more for my learning and being a member of this site I would reply to post and show the real ones (if I get them) and the fake ones as well. I have gotten tired of spending money on fakes and from the people that asy they ONLY sell real items. I'm not trying to trick or mislead anyone. I just want to get the real stuff and show others the fake stuff. Thanks

Comment

It's best to invest in reference books first to help avoid getting stuck with fakes
            https://www.nsdapuniforms.com

Comment

I have

I bought the book by Sascha Weber and it made me more confused. He talked about Markers Mark ones and unmaked ones. The problem Is, if the ones with MM are real and the ones with no MM are real as well then what's real or fake????. Thanks

Comment

sorry, wrong.

I was talking about shields. However, are there bopoks that guide one in making a wise buy on thses item??. If so, what book and were can I get one. Thanks

Comment

No there are no books on third reich badges or medals,they do not exist,you just have to take your chances and guess at it.So keep up the good work,hell after a while you may end up with a real tinnie or something!

Comment

Originally posted by cordia View Post
                    I bought the book by Sascha Weber and it made me more confused. He talked about Markers Mark ones and unmaked ones. The problem Is, if the ones with MM are real and the ones with no MM are real as well then what's real or fake????. Thanks
                    Indeed, original badges can be marked, but also unmarked. Also fake badges can be marked and unmarked. How to tell? It's in the material, finish, construction, detail and...marks (or not).
                    It's a matter of gaining info (good thing you joined this forum and good reference books like the one from Sasha Weber) and experience (hold badges, examine them, go to fairs and other collectors). And believe me everybody gets burned in this hobby Hang in there!
                    Make "not original, money back" arrangements with sellers. If you bought your fakes recently, confront the seller and keep bothering him.
                    Which books are good ones? Depends on your collecting focus.
                    You say you're a collector and do not resell, even if fake...I don't understand that; as a collector myself, you only would like to have genuine items which are a part of history. A fake will always be worthless and will sting you everytime you see it in your collection, at least it does when in mine. So ditch them on the e-stand Bazaar and continue to buy original pieces!

Welcome to the forum and collecting Third Reich!

Comment

thanks very much for the advice

Thank you all for the help and advice. And yes, I'm very happy with this site and will keep asking for all your opinion on the items I wish to but. So, is my 1944 good or bad??. Thanks and have a wonderful day.

Comment

I can't comment on your badge, but I suggest:
                        Go to the tinnies and political badges forum and use the search function: gausieger 1944...enough threads to study!

another thread on it: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...gausieger+1944
                        Last edited by Dmv; 02-16-2011, 10:01 AM.

Comment

No good,should not have the copper catch for one.

Comment

thanks to all

Thanks and I will go to that thread and check it out. Yopu all have been a great help to me.

Comment

closer look

I took a look under m/glass and that is a little rust on the pin base not copper

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X