Opinions needed on 2 party badges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I ended up with two party badges in a collection of accoutrements I picked up recently. Would someone take a look at this and let me know if you feel they are originals?

Thanks in advance!

Ken

Badge #1
    Attached Files

Badge #2
    Attached Files

Comment

I read that M1/129 was a bad makers mark and I think these 2 badges have that coffin shaped pin plate which would make these bad.I could be wrong as I do not collect these badges.

Mike

Comment

Thanks Mike. I don't know anything about these badges either...Hopefully someone will give us a definitive answer.

Comment

The definitive answer is that, they are fakes. Shown in color in the Reddick Militaria repros catalog, same incorrect maker markings, same stupid pin plate set-up.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback! I thought the "M" looked like a McDonald's logo...but w/o any experience in that area it was just a guess.

Comment

You are right on .... that M does look like the golden arches at Mickey-D's

Mike

Comment

both 100% fake

Comment

Classic 'McDonalds' fakes with poor pin plates

Nick

Comment

Maker "M1/129" never made party badges or anything else as far as has been discovered. Common fakes.

Comment

Pins

Ans such STUPID forgers they were. After all the trouble to make such an item, they make a receptacle area that is round, and then put a pin on there that's not only the wrong shape, but doesn't even fit within the receptacle.

Comment

Originally posted by sgstandard View Post
                        Ans such STUPID forgers they were. After all the trouble to make such an item, they make a receptacle area that is round, and then put a pin on there that's not only the wrong shape, but doesn't even fit within the receptacle.
                        they've tried it again, but corrected this obvious mistake.

William Kramer
                        Attached Files
                        Please visit my site: https://wehrmacht-militaria.com/

Comment

They now also make a variety of fake party pins with more convincing round pinplates, but still use the M1/129, as well as M1/128, M1/4 and M1/78

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X