• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NSKK Collar Tab

For your review.............

Attached Files
    RonR

Hi Ron, I believe what you have is an SA tab, not NSKK. Also notice the difference in the embroidery style between the standarte number, 136, and the sturm number, 13. This corresponds to the "halb" designation printed vertically at the end of the RZM tag. This designates that the RZM tag was applied by the initial manufacturer and the work was finished by another manufacturer. Sometimes you will find a pair that has two RZM tags applied by the individual manufacturers. You could speculate that this tab may have been purchased with the standarte number and finished by hand by an individual.

Best,

Tom Chaney

Comment

Tom,

Many, many thanks for the education.

Greatly appreciated.

Best regards,
      RonR

Comment

Tab

Agree - Nice original SA tab. Here's another example of a hand-embroidered Sturm number No RZM tag).......
        Attached Files

Comment

Your tab{black} is from SA gruppe Neiderrhein or Gruppe Berlin/Brandenburg depending on which had that standarte #

Comment

I would say Niederrhein from Koln,one id happily have myself :-) Sean

Comment

Tab

But Luftwaffe Blue - didn't many SA Gruppes share the same Standarte numbers, sometimes making it impossible to ascertain which of the 2 Gruppes it came from???

Comment

Some numbers were identical, but I can find only the Köln Niederrhein black 136 in my listings--the other 136 was in Niedersachsen, which would have a brown colored tab.
                Also, Tom, I believe the 'halb' tag was used (or was supposed to be used) when there was a set of 2 pieces--so in this case, the unit tab and the rank tab. In this case it's apparent that the '13' was resewn by hand while the 136 was done on a machine, but I would guess that the original wearer had transferred from one Sturm to another, or had his Sturm number changed due to a geographic change/expansion.
                Erich
                Festina lente!

Comment

Erich I dont think thats the case...The second tab {reiter}appears to have been done the same way!!Im guessing this was done with many standartes then,Th standarte number was machine done,and sent to the standarte where they were then sent to the individual sturms,and their numbers sewn on by hand!!take a close look the thread color is slightly lighter and stitching is not the same chain..

Comment

Originally posted by sgstandard View Post
                    But Luftwaffe Blue - didn't many SA Gruppes share the same Standarte numbers, sometimes making it impossible to ascertain which of the 2 Gruppes it came from???
                    Sgstandard, it's black, 136 and the only number refers in the Shaef list is Koln, is it correct? Who knows, but the listing is the only thing we have, you have another area for this tab??

Comment

Its for Niederrhein as Erich said,Most standartes were NOT represented in more than one gruppe.

Comment

Standartes

Oh no, I'm not challenging the assertion that it's a certain Gruppe, just asking if the Standarte numbers were INDEED often duplicated. According to Mr. Benndorff, of whom I asked the same question some time ago, they WERE often duplicated. In this particular case, with actual verification of that Standarte, I don't doubt you're correct. The only reason I brought it up is that many SA collectors assume that they can always go by the number alone.

Comment

I agree we cant go on the number alone as in black n white pictures but here we can see the tab colour.

Comment

No what I mean is SOMETIMES 2 gruppes shared teh same Standarte number.But its not usual.Like Standarte 3 Berlin,standarte 3 Mitte those arent real standartes justing making teh point.

Comment

Originally posted by wewelsburg View Post
                              No what I mean is SOMETIMES 2 gruppes shared teh same Standarte number.But its not usual.Like Standarte 3 Berlin,standarte 3 Mitte those arent real standartes justing making teh point.
                              My reply was in response to SG, not your point, best Sean

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X