• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fire related collar tab??

Was told this might be fire related. Any thoughts?? Thanks Mike
    Attached Files

Originally posted by Mike Dunn View Post
    Was told this might be fire related. Any thoughts?? Thanks Mike
    IMHO not fire, but SA related Tyr rune collar tab, which were worn by SA-Reichsführerschulen leaders.

Comment

Here a correction to this subject.
      Source : see image.
      Attached Files

Comment

SA Leadership School Cadre

An interesting "home Made" tab. Have you put a black light on it? It would be interesting to see if the white on the Tyre Rune reacts.

Diane

Comment

I totally forgot about my black light on this one. Good call Diane as the white around the arrow does react to a black light. Rest of the collar tab does not so it does look like the tyr rune has been added to the collar tab. I have no idea why I forgot to use my black light..wonder what the tab was for before the rune. Thanks for the input. Mike

Comment

An easy way to know is teh tyr rune is usually outlined with white AND red over a red tab.

Comment

Some were made with a black arrow and only white outline, while some had the 2 color outlining. I've never seen one like this before--the construction of the arrow is incorrect but I agree that the basic tab looks okay in the photos.
              Erich
              Festina lente!

Comment

Tab

Is the reaction to the blacklight EVEN, like on modern material, or SPOTTED, like on material that was washed with soap with whiteners? A lot of brownshirt white edge linings glow very unevenly from being washed with detergent. As I understand, "glowing" is said to have occured in Nazi-era fabrics on occasion. I don't know if this is true. The tab appears original to me too, but I'd get a warmer, fuzzier feeling if it didn't glow under UV.

Comment

The white glows evenly so it has to have been added..Thanks all for the input-It is a played with SA collar tab? Mike

Comment

Tab

After further examination, NOT a good tab. Original bi-color collar piping and tab piping weren't made with a core like this piping has. If I'm wrong, correct me, but I DON'T think so. This piping looks identical to that on a Feldherrnhalle tab recently on E-stand, and looks also like the piping on that Ho-ho-hokey Hochland STAFF brownshirt with the red tabs and metal letters. The manner of construction of the tab doesn't make any sense either, IMO. EXAMPLE: Here's an example of original piping. It is "braided" piping, but the end of the piping where it's unraveled should still look like this, not have the color wrapped around a solid core:
                    Attached Files

Comment

Tabs

Sorry, it's hard to see, but the ends of the green strands are ALL green, not just partially.

Comment

Thanks all for the input and help-I don't see a core on the piping with my magnifying loop-there is just the two colors braided together as far as I can tell. Doesn't really matter as it is messed with and will get cut up. Thanks again, Mike

Comment

Tab

If you go to E-bay, under "SA Collar Tab", you will see a fake pair of collar tabs with the same backing. Look CLOSELY at the one end of the purple piping. The color stops, and then resumes. The color in between is the core.

Comment

I am not really sure which one your talking about. FYI, I looked at the end of the piping with a microscope and there was no core, just the white and pink woven together. With that said, I have no problems throwing the tab away with the arrow being bad. I posted it to find out about it and I did. Sad that it was bad but that happens often with the WWII items. Thanks again for the input. the collar tab is resting in pieces in a dump some where. Mike

Comment

Tab

Please don't take my advice as gospel - Remember, without having an item in hand, sometimes it's hard to assess. I give my honest opinion on items, and I could be wrong. With the sudden plethora of brownshirts with rare collar piping and REALLY rare tab piping, everyone's on guard lately. Would I buy this tab from the photos? - NO. Could it be real? - Yes, it could. Think about this - Why is it that most SA tabs, when you see them, you can tell IMMEDIATELY that they're original? So when you can't, Houston has a problem. The buckrum looks similar to some I've seen on SS tabs, but doesn't look like any I've seen on SA tabs. Some kind of buckrums were commonly used by both SS & SA, and there are some that were used exclusively (like the "waffle" buckrum on some Waffen-SS tabs.)

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X