• Show
Clear All

Ja Banner

Attached Files

Ja Banner

Attached Files

Comment

Ja Banner

Hello, This translates to "Everything is correct with" and shows the circle that I think was used in the loyalty to Germany oath taken by the Austrians in 1938. It is 15 feet by 2 feet approximatly. And it looks like it was hung on a storefront or on a 2 signposts, maybe a narrow street.
      It was purchased many years ago by a good friend. He was buying a old amunition box, and this was inside. The guy wanted $20 for the amo box and my friend opened and saw this and asked how much for the banner and the guy said it was included in the price of the box. The box was one of those heavy duty lined boxes. And I think it was a garage sale. But anyway he bought it. He said it would of cost too much at the time for the amo box, but what was inside it made it worth the price.
      I have always enjoyed this banner.
      What do you guys think ?
      Jack
      Attached Files

Comment

Banner

Anyone ? any opinions, thoughts, input or just a few words .
        Thanks Jack

Comment

Banner

Any one can give an opinion ?
          I would appreciate any comments, I forgot to say it was a veteran bringback (1946) and purchased from the son selling his fathers estate.
          Jack

Comment

Ok I'll haves go first, it's difficult to pin a date on this IMO, personally I'd expect a swastika on it if it was SA, but who knows really, Sean

Comment

Originally posted by dolchmann07 View Post
              This translates to "Everything is correct with"
              Rather "All vote yes". Could have been multiple use for anything. Maybe small town poster hung right over the ballot box.

Comment

This banner must be seen in correlation with a referendum/plebiscite. But there have been different ones.

If it comes from Austria it could be related with the Austrian annexantion and referendum

1938 ("All vote YES" for the annexation)

Gerdan

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X