Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HJ Flag Help Please!!!

Folks,
    I have the chance to buy a HJ flag but need some info on it. The flag is double sided, about 6 feet by 3 feet. It has a double sided patch thats in the upper left corner that reads 3/30
    Can anyone tell me what that stands for and also, how much a flag like this might be worth?? Thanks

It sounds like you are describing an HJ Gefolgschaftsfahne. It's like a company level flag in the world of HJ unit organisation.

The numbers represent the Gefolgschaft and the Bann when placed like this on the canton panel.

3/30

The Bann is this case would be HJ Bann 30, Saar West, of the West Saarpfalz Gebiet of the HJ.

The first number would be Gefolgschaft number 3 of the Bann.

An HJ from this Bann in 1938 would wear the triangle West Saarpfalz, the shoulder strap numbered 30, and the retaining button on the strap numbered 3.

It's important to consider the timeframe when considering HJ Bann numbers as the structure underwent reorganisation numerous times and Bann numbers changed or were added and locations sometimes differ as well. It's complicated sometimes.

Comment

Flag

G,
      Thanks for the info!! This flag has a HJ ink stamp from Saarpflaz. There are no rings but all in all the flag is in good condition. Even though I don`t have a pic of it, any ideas on value? Thanks

Comment

I don't know what the flags sell for, I only buy loose insignia. Sorry.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
        X