Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HJ Armband

Hi,

I looked at several HJ armbands on this forum, but didn´t see one that looks like mine. My question, is this a fake or original armband?

Thanks in advance.
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Stitching, material and general appearance are all wrong in my opinion.

Comment

Indeed not very text book I'm afraid BUT could also have been period made
        by a hausfrau for her son I guess... It was done...
        Does it glow?

Comment

look how fresh those loose threads are where its sewn together on the reverse,there is a difference between Period Mint and NEW.

Comment

Sorry, would not be in my collection.

Comment

I agree, it doesnt look right

Nick

Comment

not good

Comment

Thanks for the replies!

Originally posted by NickG View Post
                  Indeed not very text book I'm afraid BUT could also have been period made
                  by a hausfrau for her son I guess... It was done...
                  Does it glow?
                  @ Nick, I didn't test it, but will do that in a week and get back to you.

Originally posted by wewelsburg View Post
                  look how fresh those loose threads are where its sewn together on the reverse,there is a difference between Period Mint and NEW.
                  @ wewelsburg, The band is everything but Mint! The pictures make the band look more white than it is in hand. I have it now for 15years.

Regards, Thomas

Comment

It's not a standard pattern armband at all. It could be a handmade variant, but looks a little too well made for that to me. Blacklight and burn test it and that may give you some answers. Most of the homemade HJ armbands look pretty crude and this one shown looks factory made. Here's a homemade example I own that I believe is a period handmade example.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Interesting that a "home made" piece (crude with closure buttons so definately not a RZM sanctioned piece!)
                      has a tag which besides a name, it also states;"munster lager"...which is German for "sample room"...

Comment

It says 'Munster-Lager' which has been a training area since the late 19th century. Where did you read that 'Munster' translates to 'sample'?

Comment

Did you try what is the reaction under Black light? it may help
                          The one with the buttons is really lovely.

Comment

Garry is correct, Munster-Lager is a well known military training region.

Comment

I personally think it's a fake, a little too good to be a home-made armband, not good enough to be RZM standard.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X