Sa numbered tab - hj tag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sa numbered tab - hj tag

this seems to be an early sa tab in chainstitch, with a paper label w/o an 'rzm.' maybe for hj attached to some sa unit? thanks!
    Attached Files

Wrong tag,tab is Steel Green for Kurpfalz probably.

Comment

Thanks -

mis-applied in period then i guess? Looks like it's always been there.

I got it from a 79-year old guy whose relative sent it home; ref'd in a '45 letter. The guy has no interest in nazi stuff, hence *extremely* unlikely he'd have attached the label. But ya never know!

Comment

Originally posted by inimicus View Post
        Thanks -

mis-applied in period then i guess? Looks like it's always been there.

I got it from a 79-year old guy whose relative sent it home; ref'd in a '45 letter. The guy has no interest in nazi stuff, hence *extremely* unlikely he'd have attached the label. But ya never know!
        I've had a few SA tabs with HJ RZM tags on them. I think its just a period error and perfectly original to the tab.

Comment

thanx etn - both froim from the same early period I'm guessing: '34-1935 or so? by the way, this tab is littler than the usual sa I think - 2 1/4 x a little less than 1 1/2 and just slightly misshapen..

Originally posted by ETN View Post
          I've had a few SA tabs with HJ RZM tags on them. I think its just a period error and perfectly original to the tab.

Comment

Tab

I've seen HJ tags before on SA tabs also. I don't know the significance, but the tabs they were on were all good tabs, and appeared to be "early" tabs like the tags. Really early SA paper RZM tags were black, then later, blue. Later HJ RZM tags are red.

Comment

Tab

PS: If the tab is "Steel Green" as it appears, it could be several different units.
              STEEL GREEN: Early 1933 (Oserrreich & Nordsee), Early 1934 (Nordsee), Late 1934 (Nordsee & Kurpfalz). This is why the Germans lost the war. They were too busy changing their insignias and uniforms instead of working on a battle plan.

Comment

thanks a lot.
                would be nice to know if there was any sa/hj connection (hj attached to sa 'specialty' unit) but sounds more like an ooops moment at the hersteller!

Comment

I also have an early SA tab with HJ RZM tag. Mark.

Comment

This is an early HJ label where the color of the printing corresponded with the tariff amount paid to the RZM. The SA, PL, etc. all used this system until it was replaced with the letter coded labels. A logical hypothesis for this label attached to an SA tab would be that the maker ran out of correct blue SA tags, and substituted the HJ tag since the tariff amount would be the same.
                    Erich
                    Festina lente!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X