Help on early SA armband with pip & Litze

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi ETN,

interesting to hear. Well, all I can say is that this band is 123 % original.

Jens

Comment

Originally posted by zbv500 View Post
      Is it just me or is he wearing a black tie in the pics ?
      Due to the nature of film from this period the tie could be any colour ranging from yellow,red, brown etc etc not necessary black.

Comment

Thanks David, this makes of course sense in the earlier days of the SA.

Jens
        Last edited by zbv500; 11-19-2010, 04:21 PM.

Comment

IMO the guy is a PL and not an SA member. The 2nd, later photo would tend to reinforce this suggestion.
          Erich
          Festina lente!

Comment

Comment

Erich why the SA Buckle in pic 1? Did PL and SA wear SA buckles really early on?id rather like to see an open claw on the first pic for PL.Whats your thoughts on the buckle?he could have been SA early on,as its def an SA buckle.Or are we only considering the second photo for PL ID?

Comment

I've seen PLs wearing the early SA box buckle in photographs, as well as Hitler himself wearing one. Plus the HJ wore the smaller version.
                Erich
                Festina lente!

Comment

Sa?

But Erich - why the bi-color piping in photo #1, if not SA?

Comment

I don't think it's bi-color--it's the early twisted single color piping. The shadows of the twists can appear to be dark colored stripes, but it looks like the same shirt/piping as in the 2nd photo.
                    Erich
                    Festina lente!

Comment

Uniform

Good call, Erich. The piping IS very thick. Originally, I was also looking at the chest buttons to see if they were Political, but I couldn't tell if there was an eagle on there or not. . Now that you mentioned the piping, I can now see the eagle clearly!!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X