Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NSDAP Gorget

Hi,
    Ive never owned a gorget before. Guess I'm putting it up for opinions as to condition etc. I know its the real deal. The whole to the rear felt I think was to replace the Eagle as it corresponds to a screw placement. Is this correct. I imagine it would be difficult to determine if it has been replaced. The links are RZM marked or 2 are the first and last. What interests me is are these rare, scarce or common, I know they are one of the last instituted in 1938 I think. Does this make them scarcer or of poorer quality than other gorgets made earlier. How do they match up to a MP one in rarity and value. An Army one would have been my first choice but when I saw this one at a good price $650US I snapped it up with the Aussie dollar at a 30 year high I can now buy items that before I couldnt. I note Ruptured Duck had one probably better nick but twice the price. Anyhow what do you 'Political' or gorget collectors think is it a good example all things considered.
    cheers Robert
    Attached Files

NSDAP Gorget

some more
    Attached Files

Comment

NSDAP Gorget

The hole to the felt backing.
      Attached Files

Comment

A nice original forget with slight condition issues. These are probably the most common forgets out there and one of the best designs IMO.

Comment

They are definitely not rare by any means. I think I see these about as frequently as Feld gorgets. The condition is kind of poor, but these things are impressive in person no matter the condition. It is something ever person should have in their collection. Enjoy it! I enjoy mine for sure.

Comment

superb i like it

Comment

Good one

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by ErichS View Post
                A nice original forget with slight condition issues. These are probably the most common forgets out there and one of the best designs IMO.
                It's GORGET not Forget!

Comment

A good buy made by Eugen Schmidhaussler of Pforzheim I read somewhere
                  that the ones with green backing were made for the Reichsparteitag
                  of 1939. These were never worn as the war started, the early type
                  had brown backing.
                  Regards
                  Mametz

Comment

Originally posted by mametz View Post
                    A good buy made by Eugen Schmidhaussler of Pforzheim I read somewhere
                    that the ones with green backing were made for the Reichsparteitag
                    of 1939. These were never worn as the war started, the early type
                    had brown backing.
                    Regards
                    Mametz
                    You are correct. The brown backings are the earlier model, the green the latter.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X