SA Tinnie?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SA Tinnie?

Hey guys I have had this little bird since I was eight, it was one of the first things I got. Unfortunately I never found one like it. It was aquired from a veteran along with a NSDAP membership pin. It was black when I got it, unofrtunately 8 years ago I thought it would be smart to clean it with baking soda, something which i still regret today. This pin is 1 inches and 3/8ths wide, also 1inch tall. its made of either zinc or silver, as it was tarnished black. Though I have noticed an appearance of some white discoloration on the back, which is either from it being composed of zinc, or the lead solder. Not a metal smith I guess. I am wondering if anyone knows what this is? I am assumign it is SA, and not sure if it was for a kepi or used as a pin. Perhaps it is very early? I doubt its fake because of the great detail, and also the fact that it was from a vet. Thanks for looking, good luck!

Looks a lot like one I have, interesting that mine has no metal flashing between the wings and head like yours.
    You can see where the pin on mine used to be, looks to be the same location.
    I always thought it was either SA or NSKOV.

Comment

Jeremy, the eagle that you posted looks well detailed and interesting. I've never seen one like this and with that kind of pin mechanism. Does it have any markings on it?

I would prefer to stick to the more recognised type that James posted, but those are cap insignias and not tinnies. It was used for a range of services, from the early SS, NSDAP, SA and so on. Here are some of my examples in different variants - different makers, with leg cutout, solid back, orientation of pin, etc. Note the crisp detailing on the head, body and claws.

Last edited by Military; 11-07-2010, 03:41 AM.

Comment

interesting eagle, like military said probably an early eagle made before quality control / Rzm

i doubt its a early ss eagle, its most probably for the nsdap / sa

Comment

Thanks for your opinions. There is no markings but I will look it all over with a loop.

Comment

Anybody else?
            Also when did the rzm quality control begin?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X