SA Reserve tab, dark green, yellow thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SA Reserve tab, dark green, yellow thread

Gents, is there any significance to an SA tab from a reserve Standarte having yellow chain stitching instead of white? The tab's numbers are 21/R54

I have another steel green collar tab from a reserve Sturm that is stitched in white.The numbers on this one are R21/62

No pics at the moment unfortunately..

Tabs

What color is the one with yellow chain-stitching?

Comment

Reserve-Standarte 54 was from SA-Gruppe Nordsee. Nordsee used goldon buttons, devices etc. So that must be the case. Yellow for Goldon.

Standarte 62 was from Nordsee too.

Why one white lettering, and the other yellow? I don't know,but you see it more often.

Comment

Different color stitching was used early on too.

Comment

Tabs

I've never heard of the SA tab numbers specifically matching the button color, except maybe Marine-SA. I checked all the early color charts I have, and no mention of green tabs with yellow numbers. Green tabs with black numbers were used early on. Erich B. would probably know. Maybe he'll weigh in.

Comment

Tabs

I've never heard of the SA tab numbers specifically matching the button color, except maybe Marine-SA. I checked all the early color charts I have, and no mention of green tabs with yellow numbers. Green tabs with black numbers were used early on. Erich B. would probably know. Maybe he'll weigh in.

Comment

GOT IT!! Early on in the 1933 list, gruppe OSTSEE and 2 of its subgroups Pommern Ost and Pommern West had green tabs with yellow numbers.BUT you will have to check if the numbers match for this Gruppe,on early tabs its hard to get that info,as standards etc werent as organised and many gruppes shared numbers etc.Whether there was a Reserve54 in gruppe Ostsee at teh time needs to be looked at.
              And no numbers were not coordinated to buttons ever.
              Last edited by wewelsburg; 11-11-2010, 04:54 PM.

Comment

That was the only yellow numbered tab I could find a reference to, but it would likely have been apple green rather than dark green (although the regulations don't mention the shade of green). Otherwise I don't find a match for dark green/yellow embroidery. The other possibility is that the tab is discolored to the point that the white embroidery looks yellow?
                Erich
                Festina lente!

Comment

Tab

I agree with Erich that it was likely Apple green they were referring to. Early 1933 color charts for Pommern are no different than 1934 charts.

Comment

yeah it was teh only green/yellow combo I could find.

Comment

O.k..got the 'ole scanner back up ..here is a pic of the two tabs..a little bit late getting back to the party..
                      Attached Files

Comment

inside...better view of non UV light touched threads..the colour is a cross between apple and yellow..
                        Attached Files

Comment

I have adjusted the colour to closer match the way it looks in 'real life' by tweaking the hue a tad..
                          Attached Files

Comment

In these scans IMO it's just discolored--I think the embroidery was white or off white when new.
                            Erich
                            Festina lente!

Comment

Hi Erich..it's yellow, make no mistake..it's not discoloured white.

I will attempt to get a shot in natural light with the non UV exposed threads from the inside..clearly yellow..
                              Last edited by Doug Kenwright; 07-29-2011, 01:23 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X