Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SA Marine Tinnie

Any opinions on this SA Marine Tinnie?
    I also posted on another section but failed to get any response.

Does anyone have a tinnie catalogue or a book to cross check?
    Greatly appreciated.

Mil

Take note of the excess material on the wing.
    Detailing to eagle head and body not crisp as I would like it to be.
    No markings as shown.

Comment

Tinnie

Your Marine-SA tinnie appears on page 69 of the book, "Nazi Para-Military Organizations and Their Badges" by Ray Cowdery, copyright 1985 by Northstar Commemoratives, Inc. PO Box 803 Lakeville (Minneapolis) MN 55044 USA IMO, the tinnies you have to worry about reproduced are the more expensive ones like SS tinnies and Nurnburg 1929 Award, etc. Your tinnie looks fine.

Comment

Badge

I wouldn't worry about the excess metal by the eagle's head. A little unusual, but still nothing to worry about authenticity wise - likely just a manufacturing flaw. If it was a fake, they probably would have been more careful. Chances of an obscure, inexpensive tinnie such as this being reproduced are very slim. I'm not saying it isn't a rare or desirable badge - just not likely to be expensive, IMO.

Comment

Tinnie

NEW INFO: I just looked at my tinnie book with your badge, and the tinnie in my book ALSO has that small flash of metal by the eagle's head, just like yours. Doesn't get any better than THAT!! Enjoy your ORIGINAL SA tinnie!!

Comment

Sgstandard,

many many thanks for your kind help. Really appreciate it and Im convinced that it is a good piece.

Cheers,
            Mil

Comment

Yes very nice tinnie, that would look great on my SA Marine Brownshirt.

lol

Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Tinnie

Blackheart - The Roman Numeral "II" on the Marine-SA collar tab is for the 2nd Sturmbann, and the tinnie is for the 2nd Standarte. That doesn't mean if I had that shirt and tinnie, I wouldn't be tempted to marry the two.

Comment

If it was mine i would put the two together, As that is an real nice SA Marine tinnie that you have...

Comment

Tinnie

WARNING !! - Just a note to those who decide to put a tinnie or other award on a BROWNSHIRT, be sure to think it out before acting. I LEARNED THIS THE HARD WAY. Be absolutely SURE that you're not going to change your mind later for whatever reason. DON'T BECOME "VLAD THE IMPALER" - THOSE HOLES YOU POKE INTO THE SHIRT ARE THERE FOREVER. (maybe you find out later that the tinnie/award is incorrect for the shirt) Unless it was an actual award, most tinnies were worn on that one occasion only, IMO, and most were dated as such. Photos support this, where a whole SA unit is photographed wearing the same tinnie during an event. The Angolia SA book gives the actual dates for most important SA uniform changes, so that helps you make educated choices. I have a tinnie book with lots of photos. Feel free to PM me if anyone is looking for a certain SA Gruppe or exact era. Then you'll know what to look for.

Comment

Yes, I would never poke any new holes into any of my SA brownshirts, that would be foolish, AS i do have other brownshirt that are missing medals and such, and do have the placements for medals, and tinnies and such.

Thanks

Comment

sgstandard, could you do us a favour by posting some photos, prefebably of those that show this particular tinnie in wear?
                        Many thanks,
                        Mil

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X