Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[ATTACH]1671822[/ATTACH]

Comment

Not a bad copy and one that could fool the novice collector. Again, note the tail feathers on the eagle.

Comment

Originally posted by ErichS View Post
        Not a bad copy and one that could fool the novice collector. Again, note the tail feathers on the eagle.
        Indeed, i would have fallen for it if i din't know better.

I find it kinda strange that CS offers it as a fake, looking at what he offers as original.
        Perhaps cause he's offering an original first pattern, and people might see the difference?

Comment

Originally posted by Jon-Olav Holden View Post
          Indeed, i would have fallen for it if i din't know better.

I find it kinda strange that CS offers it as a fake, looking at what he offers as original.
          Perhaps cause he's offering an original first pattern, and people might see the difference?
          His site is a real crap shoot!

Comment

His site is a real crap shoot!

Comment

Of course there are many more things wrong with this medal that I won't go into. But I think this one is much better than the one that I posted at the beginning of this thread which is pretty scary!

Comment

I saw this number on many medals.
                Anyway, that is one of the better copies.

Comment

Thats prob one of the best copies I have seen. Numbering is all wrong as well as what Erich has pointed out.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Fish View Post
                    Thats prob one of the best copies I have seen. Numbering is all wrong as well as what Erich has pointed out.
                    It's really hard to reproduce the number font used especially on the the 1st patterns. The fonts used on the 2nd pattern are also distinct but in a different way.

Comment

It's really hard to reproduce the number font used especially on the the 1st patterns. The fonts used on the 2nd pattern are also distinct but in a different way.
                      I could pick it up from Charlie and take better photos?

Comment

Originally posted by Jon-Olav Holden View Post
                        I could pick it up from Charlie and take better photos?
                        The 1st patterns were all hand stamped and there are die flaws that I have noticed in certain numbers. The more we study original pieces the harder it will be for a faker to fool.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X