NSDAP pin US vet bring back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NSDAP pin US vet bring back

I was offered this pin this week but I'm a Waffen SS collector I don't buy any NSDAP articles, in fact I know virtually nothing about this pin. I need some more info on the piece before I am able to make a decision. What is a reasonable offer to make on a item like this? Thanks.
    Attached Files

food for thought.

How much does the seller want? That's the first question, second is : if its too expensive then pass, but if its from a vet, and cheap, why wouldn't you buy it? Everything you have doesn't have to be ss. All ss didnt start as ss, so unless you are on a tight budget , if its 35.00 or less, US money...i'd seriously think it over, but what do i know, lets see what the others say.(about it)

Comment

Genuine, nice and rare.

Regards, Wim
      Freedom is not for Free

Comment

This is a NSDAP donation badge. In Andre Huskin's just published book on German Membership badges from 1871-1945, he listed this badge at 220 Euros, as I recall.

Comment

Agreed with Wim. A scarce one and worth somewhat more than $35 US.
          Lyn

Comment

Originally posted by HJ12 View Post
            I was offered this pin this week but I'm a Waffen SS collector I don't buy any NSDAP articles, in fact I know virtually nothing about this pin. I need some more info on the piece before I am able to make a decision. What is a reasonable offer to make on a item like this? Thanks.
            The pictures come straight from Germania International, item #NSD 12-9:

http://www.germaniainternational.com/nsdap12.html

Description for future reference:
            Membership Badge of the Freiheitsbewegung of the NSDAP (Opferring) (Item NSD 12-9)
            DESCRIPTION: This is the official membership badge in enamel of the freedom group within the NSDAP. This was an organization within the party whose express purpose was to do studies on how to make the German people even more secure through balancing laws and statues and pressing local and state governments to observe always the agenda of the free people (not exactly the Patriot Act). The badge is nickel size with the ever-present “Ges. Gesch.” and Gauleitung Baden NSDAP, the section where the bearer would be stationed. This is quite rare (one only).

Comment

Originally posted by der-hase-fee View Post
              The pictures come straight from Germania International, item #NSD 12-9:

http://www.germaniainternational.com/nsdap12.html

Description for future reference:
              Membership Badge of the Freiheitsbewegung of the NSDAP (Opferring) (Item NSD 12-9)
              DESCRIPTION: This is the official membership badge in enamel of the freedom group within the NSDAP. This was an organization within the party whose express purpose was to do studies on how to make the German people even more secure through balancing laws and statues and pressing local and state governments to observe always the agenda of the free people (not exactly the Patriot Act). The badge is nickel size with the ever-present “Ges. Gesch.” and Gauleitung Baden NSDAP, the section where the bearer would be stationed. This is quite rare (one only).
              Actually, it is a different pin than offered by Germania International - similar but different material in the blue background and the pinplate doesn't cover the words as it does on Germania International website.

Germania International's descriptions are always "colourful" but frequently wrong - nothing to do with the Freiheitsbewegung. As said above, the Opferring was a charitable donation body like the NSV, and this was worn by a member / organizer in Baden.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X