SA Sport Badge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SA Sport Badge

I would like to hear some opinions on the SA Silver Sports badges on Markus Schulze's site. Seems they come from yet another hoard.

I have read about the tall (only accepted as real ?) and small REDO maker mark as these seem to have. So are these considered real or fake ?

Kris.
    Attached Files

SA Silver sports badge

more pics
    Attached Files

Comment

Redo Sport's Badge

In one of my motel buys, I can across a US Veteran with 15 boxed Bronze SA Sport's Badges by Redo. Here are the photos of one of these and you will note the differences in the lettering and the box construction. This is not to say the silver one pictured is not an original, but it does not compare with a known original from a veteran source IMO.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Weinand View Post
        This is not to say the silver one pictured is not an original, but it does not compare with a known original from a veteran source IMO.
        Well thanks for not saying its a fake Mr. Weinand but your "known original" from a verteran source made me laugh. These all came from a German veteran source so does that not make them "known originals" as well. A strange qualification.

We know of the discussions surrounding these SA sports badges but take a look at these things, see the signs of rust appearing around the hinge, see the way its spilled over onto the tissue paper and the way some of the boxes have spill from the rust in them as well. Fakers go to a lot of trouble to fool us but really, for the cost of these things do you think they could fake that?

As far as we are informed both types of maker mark are fine and the ones Ron shows are probably earlier and more common. We know of plenty of other cases where maker marks differ depending on the dies and time of manufacture.

Naturally we can understand that some people are scepticle of such finds but the circumstances of the buy and the person we have them off as well as the "story" all seem plausible and believable to us. Still, that people are disbelieving we can understand which is why we have no copyrights or protection on our pictures and one of the reasons that we encourage people to post them in forums for discussion.

All the badges are made of silver plated iron and the dimensions are:

Höhe: 58,85mm
        Breite: 46,54 mm
        Gewicht: 17,87 g

if anybody has any questions or would like further detaillled photos please don´t hesitate to contact us.

MB

Comment

I bought one at the last days from Markus and hope i will get it the next few days. Then i will say more but what i see by the pictures looks very good to me.

@ron - please can you tell me the dimensions of your box and show better pictures from this

Greetz Grave

Comment

Measurements

Cardboard box measures on the outside: 55mm square and 10mm high. Sorry, I can't get to the bank this week for photos as I am buying a collection. Ron

Comment

I like this by MB and it looks 100% to me and this is the same comment I post in the box section.

Kenneth

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Weinand View Post
                Cardboard box measures on the outside: 55mm square and 10mm high. Sorry, I can't get to the bank this week for photos as I am buying a collection. Ron
                Thats interesting, I never saw a box like yours.
                All the little boxes I know and have in my collection, got this little metall clips and have other measures. If you find a little time, please post a few pics from yours.

Box for SA Sports badge typ 2: 60 mmm x 50 mm and 11 mmm high

Box for SA Defence badges: 47 mm x 47 mm and 13 mm high

Slider box without metal clips for SA Sport badge typ 1 first box in white:
                113 mm x 83 mm and 15 mm high

Slider box without metal clips for SA Sport badge typ 1 second box in grey:
                113 mm x 88 mm and 16 mm high

Greetz Grave

Comment

P.s.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Today I could hold this 2 beauty mint babies in my hands and they feel very well in my collection

Original, fantastic SA Defencebadges from W.REDO in superb condition.
                    I have compare the two with a few badges from the same Redo typ source from my collection - all well, the same tool markings at the badges and also at the point of the needle, identical, real Redo catches

In the pictures:
                    boxes, right an original from Karl Hensler, left the 2 from MB Militaria (exactly the same measures)
                    badges, left one of my collection - right the new from MB Militaria

They are absolutely nice originals from the pre 1945 period

Greetz Grave
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by GraveDigga; 10-20-2010, 09:53 AM.

Comment

Danke nochmal an Christian für den problemlosen Deal und vor allem für den Blitzversand - wie gesagt, sollte der Ukrainer das Geschäft platzen lassen, ich nehm es sofort

Grüße Tino
                      Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X