Michal
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Looks not good to me. That's a weird swastika and a very weird black stripe!

Regards, Wim
          Freedom is not for Free

Comment

I tend to feel armbands with rubber stamp marks , generally are suspect. That isn't always the case, as in the early years there was much made, that defies the "books" and the totally "book" educated who think if it isn't in a book , it cant be original.

So there is always a possibility for something like this, but i always say ask the guy he got it from, and see what he tells you. I even consider the price paid , not as a test for originality, but to tell if the seller is in the business. If not, and a price is quoted that's low, and the story is true as to its origin, I tend to want to believe, but doesn't always mean i'm right.

Anything unusual , if found ...especially in an original photos , is worth a premium, and its the albatrosses that can command big bucks. Many times if it was cheap, and had a story, it really doesn't matter to the true collector who isnt into it for just the buck, and should be kept for future reference, as sometimes down the road items prove out to be good.

So the fact that you may not get a definite answer to this , may not be important now....the important thing is , the item is logged for future reference, and duly noted till such a time it can be correctly put into the correct verdict cubbyhole.

Most ss , or political ss bands i'm familiar with have a seperately stiched glossy rayon or some other material from the period , but even as well made as this is , my opinion is : that it is suspect as to its originality until proven otherwise.

So ask your friend what he can tell you about it, and weigh that info in to the mix , and i think its up to each of us to decide for ourselves till the day comes that provides the proof positive and absolutely.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X