Blood order, opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blood order, opinions

Hello, the photos are not very good, but what do you think about this medal?

Thanks
    Mike
    Attached Files

more photos
    Attached Files

Comment

Looks to be an original 1st pattern in a some what rough condition due to finish wear and a bump on the right side.

Comment

Originally posted by ErichS View Post
        Looks to be an original 1st pattern in a some what rough condition due to finish wear and a bump on the right side.
        Agree!

Although i must say that the seller is a crook.

Comment

Its original but the addition of what looks like a reproduction case takes the price to ridiculous level and so it sits unsold.
          Agree about the condition,although the photography flash etc may not be helping matters.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Fish View Post
            Its original but the addition of what looks like a reproduction case takes the price to ridiculous level and so it sits unsold.
            Agree about the condition,although the photography flash etc may not be helping matters.
            In the 1st photo of the reverse you can see where the oxidized finish is mostly gone. And like you Jon, I agree that the case is a fake. Correct me if I'm wrong Jon, but every 1st pattern that I have seen has a wearing ribbon with button hole. My guess is the ribbon is not original to the medal as well. Again, original but way too many issues with this one!

Comment

Erich, the 1st pattern usually has the button hole ribbon attached but I have a couple without that have been lost to time. A high proportion of second patterns turn up without button hole ribbon and most of the cased second patterns turn up with the spare ribbon in the case recess. No hard fast rules,just depends whats happened post 45. Personally the ribbon with button hole thats been sewn all along really does something for me

Comment

Erich, the 1st pattern usually has the button hole ribbon attached but I have a couple without that have been lost to time. A high proportion of second patterns turn up without button hole ribbon and most of the cased second patterns turn up with the spare ribbon in the case recess. No hard fast rules,just depends whats happened post 45. Personally the ribbon with button hole thats been sewn all along really does something for me
                Jon, my feeling is that those awarded the first patterns were actually worn during the annual Putsch anniversaries by the recipients, and a lot of the 2nd patterns were put in the drawer.

Comment

Originally posted by ErichS View Post
                  Jon, my feeling is that those awarded the first patterns were actually worn during the annual Putsch anniversaries by the recipients, and a lot of the 2nd patterns were put in the drawer.
                  Erich, I would have to mostly agree, but there are a fair number of worn second patts out there,but more often now turn up in cases or without ribbon .

Comment

Erich, I would have to mostly agree, but there are a fair number of worn second patts out there,but more often now turn up in cases or without ribbon .
                    True, but I think that those with the 2nd pattern more often then not only wore the ribbon on their uniforms, while those who had the 1st patterns had more of an opportunity to actually wear the medal.

Comment

Bo 254

This is an original 1st pattern BO, as for the ribbon.......I am undecided on he case as there is a lot of light/flash on the photos.As for the seller well yes there is history, judge the piece not the dealer.
                      Regards Kyle

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X