X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by luftwaffe blue View Post
    They are really nice Jon, any photos of them in wear? Sean
    Thank you very much, Sean!

I have been trying to find a good photo of them in wear, without luck.

This is the only photo i know about right now.

But they are clearly visible from 1:00 here, only on a coat: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ggi1N1h7ckM

408px-Konstantin_hierl.jpg

Comment

Great thread. Here is my contribution.

A plate from AH's Berghof tea service, hand painted by Sofie Stork. Only a few of these exist; the others were probably frisbeed off the terrace in May 1945 by French/US troops. Note the engraved 'AH' in gold at the bottom.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by CPB; 10-06-2010, 03:38 PM.

Comment

Comment

Great pieces Jon and CPB! Attributed / personality pieces really bring history to life IMO.

Comment

wow!
            would love to see more!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jon-Olav Holden View Post
              Some fantastic pieces!

Shoulder boards to Reichsarbeitsführer Konstantin Hierl, Reichsleiter and Reichsminister.

[ATTACH]1635468[/ATTACH]
              Jon-Olav, at first I doubted these as both Angolia-Littlejohn's RAD book does not mention this shoulder board for the RAD Fuhrer. Apparently he worn a modification of the Generalarbeitsfuhrer shoulder board with five loops and two pips. This is also confirmed in period uniform charts ca. late 1930s.

But I had forgotten a 1943 date Reichsarbeitsdienst-Kalendar I had. Sure enough, the shoulder board chart shows the style of shoulder board you have. And the two pip General-arbeitsfuhrer shoulder board was abandoned.

Wonderful pieces of insignia.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeW View Post
                Jon-Olav, at first I doubted these as both Angolia-Littlejohn's RAD book does not mention this shoulder board for the RAD Fuhrer. Apparently he worn a modification of the Generalarbeitsfuhrer shoulder board with five loops and two pips. This is also confirmed in period uniform charts ca. late 1930s.

But I had forgotten a 1943 date Reichsarbeitsdienst-Kalendar I had. Sure enough, the shoulder board chart shows the style of shoulder board you have. And the two pip General-arbeitsfuhrer shoulder board was abandoned.

Wonderful pieces of insignia.
                Thank you very much Joe!

I really really like them, and they are really heavy to. I once had a Generalarbeitsführer tunic, and the shoulderboards was way lighter if i remember correctly.

Reichsarbeitsführer
                Obergeneralarbeitsführer
                Generalarbeitsführer
                Oberstarbeitsführer
                Oberarbeitsführer
                Arbeitsführer
                Oberstfeldmeister
                Oberfeldmeister
                Feldmeister
                Unterfeldmeister
                Obertruppführer
                Truppführer
                Untertruppführer/Hauptvormann
                Obervormann
                Vormann
                Arbeitsmann

RAD_ranks.jpg

Comment

The unique shoulder board cypher is also shown in the 1943 NSDAP Organisationsbuch. A 1941 NSDAP Party Handbook shows the older style shoulder board for Hierl, so I would sumise the change took place in late '41 or '42?

Comment

Erich, your Himmler family photo is really something personal. There are lots of Himmler signatures around on presentation and promotion documents, but those don't really demonstrate personalty of the individual like your photo and inscription.

I showed this book on another forum I guess. It speaks of the personal relationship between Himmler and Daluege. As I explained on another thread, from 1933 to 1935 Daluege was a very powerful individual, controlling the Prussian police and the SS in that area. There was intense jockeying for power and ultimate control of the soon to be nationalized police, but suddenly Himmler was given the prize by Hitler. Daluege was now a second banana behind the all-powerful Chief of the German Police.

Daluege had written this book on the war on crime in Germany.
                    Attached Files

Comment

As a small gesture of reconciliation with his new police boss, Daluege sent this book to Himmler with a very obsequious dedication signed with his name. Above the inscription is Himmler's notation in green pencil of where and when he read this book. Then you wonder if Himmler read in his study? Or perhaps in bed?

Whatever. He turned these pages and finished the book, noting the fact with his famous green pencil.
                      Attached Files

Comment

JoeW,

The speculation you mentioned is what makes collecting any/all history so meaningful.

I often wonder the same things as I examine all the special pieces in this thread.

a unique piece of history, and one which Himmler valued more than his own shoulderboard, (which might be considered by some to be more valuable)... personally, I find this piece much more thought-provoking.

I am sure you and I are on the same page. Thanks for sharing, I havent seen this piece around before.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeW View Post
                          As a small gesture of reconciliation with his new police boss, Daluege sent this book to Himmler with a very obsequious dedication signed with his name. Above the inscription is Himmler's notation in green pencil of where and when he read this book. Then you wonder if Himmler read in his study? Or perhaps in bed?

Whatever. He turned these pages and finished the book, noting the fact with his famous green pencil.
                          A very fine piece indeed Joe and one of historical significance. Thank you for the kind words regarding my Himmler family photo with the dedication by his mother. You're correct that it must have been near and dear to him as he kept it close in his office.

Comment

....nada.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X