SA tab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SA tab

I feel that this SA tab was originally a blank tab. For some reason, the unit tab from Gruppes that wore pink tabs are often blank. I feel it was embellished. The rank tab that matches it has one small silver pip, but holes where 3 pips used to be. Originally blank tabs??
    Attached Files

Rank Side

Rank tab..
    Attached Files

Comment

I agree--metal numerals are always suspect, and with this pattern of winged propellor combined with roman numerals, it's been put together.
      Erich
      Festina lente!

Comment

Tabs

Suspicions confirmed - Thanks!!

Comment

Why blank?

What is the reason for the blank pink unit tabs you sometimes see? Is the rank tab supposed to be blank also?

Comment

I only see evidential proove of a blank unit tab in wear (besides the OSAF) on war period photos with piped collar tabs. I always thought they are Wehrmannschaften, but keep the option open, the SA-Feldherrnhalle wore blank unit tabs too.

Could you find any traces that the tab was piped once?

Comment

Tab

There is pink thread, but I don't know if it's from piping, or from being sewn to a uniform. I once had a brownshirt with blank pink tabs, piped in white, as in later mfg. But this tab appears to be really early.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X