Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Collar cord replacement

Hi to all,
    I have an original Leaders Tunic with the tabs being white piped. But the collar cord is missing. Is there anywhere a place to buy a replacemnt cord which looks the same? ( I will not sell the tunic it gets displayed in a Museum thats why I would like to complete it).
    Regards
    Dirk

If only for display, and you don't mind a bright blue glow under UV (but under normal light it will look white), you can find rayon piping at any sewing/fabric/craft store.
    Erich
    Festina lente!

Comment

Thanks Erich!
      I was in downtown Mannheim today and looked for a cord. Hard to find! The kind of how it is woven is very hard to find since they make cords today differntly ( today cord is twisted not woven). So I have to continue looking..
      Thanks again Erich
      Ciao Dirk

Comment

The best of luck, i tried to find some Orts cord some years ago, found nothing in the UK and all over Germany.... Sean

Comment

Thanks Sean,
          I tied also some other wholesale shops today, no luck! It is very had to get but I will continue my search.
          Regards
          Dirk

Comment

Many lower ranks, especially within the Orts level never wore piping on their collars. I see this very often in period photos; no piping on lower officials.
            https://www.nsdapuniforms.com

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X