SA General (?) collar tabs / Opinions Appreciated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SA General (?) collar tabs / Opinions Appreciated

Hello Gents. I'd like to get your feelings on these SA collar tabs. I've never owned a set, and would appreciate any input. Also, is the paper bag corect for these tabs?? I had no idea tabs would come in a paper sack like this.

If all checks out OK, I may eStand. But they are so pretty! Not sure yet.

Thanks in advance!
    Attached Files

The tabs look fine to me and in nice condition. They are wartime based on the cellulon piping.
    The package was for a Westwall medal, so has nothing to do with the tabs specifically.
    Erich
    Festina lente!

Comment

Thanks Erich. I have no idea how the tabs ended up in that bag. From the vet like that. Did these come in other background colors? What does the red signify?

Comment

Initially these came in all of the group colors, with red meaning staff, and karmesin for SA high command. If I'm not mistaken, by mid war the higher grade leaders' tabs were only produced in bright red and karmesin.
        Erich
        Festina lente!

Comment

Originally posted by Erich Benndorff View Post
          Initially these came in all of the group colors, with red meaning staff, and karmesin for SA high command. If I'm not mistaken, by mid war the higher grade leaders' tabs were only produced in bright red and karmesin.
          Erich
          Correct only with the exception of the Marine-SA

Best Laurens

Comment

Ah, touché! Of course you're right--I forgot the Marine SA.
            Regarding the tabs in the Westwall packet--a logical scenario would be that the SA Brigadeführer had more than one set of collar tabs and kept the spare pair in the packet to protect them from soiling and abrasion. Many SA leaders were awarded the Westwall medal, and instead of discarding the packet, he put it to good use.
            Or, if brought back by a GI, he may have found the packet to protect the cloth.
            Erich
            Festina lente!

Comment

Just teasing Erich

Comment

Great information, Gents! Thanks.

Comment

Tabs

Nice tabs!! I have an identical tab, but, alas, no piping

Comment

Tabs

ERICH - What color is this shoulderboard - is this karmesin? (In real life, it's a hot pink/magenta color) If so, it's from SA High Command? Thanks!!
                    Attached Files

Comment

Board

I forgot to ask - Is this also the Feldherrnhalle color?
                      Attached Files

Comment

Board

Same board..
                        Attached Files

Comment

Judging by these photos, I would say yes, SA high command, schools, FHH. Very nice board and the slip ons are harder to find than the normal sew in boards.
                          Erich
                          Festina lente!

Comment

Board

Thanks a lot!! - I looked up the word "carmine" in the dictionary, and it refers to crimson, and defines that as "any of several deep purplish reds". Viola!! I traded a Browning .25 cal for that shoulderboard.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                            X