SA High leader tabs...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tabs

I really didn't know myself. I'm wondering if, at some point, did the SA skip some letters in their coding system?

Comment

The letter codes on this form of RZM label stand for the tarif to be paid, which was based on the man hours/complexity/material cost of making the item and determined by the RZM. For example, a wool armband usually will be seen with a D label; a cotton band a B label; simple BeVo insignia an A; hand worked bullion with at least 2 oakleaves an M; and some of the even more involved items like higher fancy political leader hand embroidered tabs might carry an O.
      If memory serves, the manufacturer would buy the labels from the RZM (thereby paying the tariff), which were intended to be applied to the items/insignia/accoutrements.
      Erich
      Festina lente!

Comment

Erich, thanks for this information. As I understand it, the letter reflects the tax paid for the tag itself to the RZM. The appropriate tag was then attached to the item? The letter code on the tag itself did not reflect the actual price of the item?

Sorry for all the questions but I have heard many differing opinions and when I mentioned the things listed above I was told this was incorrect and the letter code was reflective of the cost of the actual item, not a tax paid to the RZM for the tag itself.

Comment

Rzm

The number of SA experts who post on the forum is fairly limited. Whenever someone has a question about SA regulations, Erich usually has the answer, or he probably wouldn't reply. I'd go with the tariff theory.

Comment

I was just looking through an early RZM Mitteilungsblatt, and found this information about PO neckties:

PO Ia per piece (p. St.) M 1,90 Siegelmarke 4 Pf.
            PO I p. St. M 1,60 Siegelmarke 3 Pf.
            PO 3 p.St. M 1,-- Siegelmarke 2 Pf.
            PO 10 p.St. M 1,50 Siegelmarke 3 Pf.

I'm not sure whether the Ia, I, 3, 10 stands for the quality level of the ties or some quantity of purchase, but the 'Siegelmarke' and Pfennig price stands for the RZM seal, which would be the tariff paid to the RZM.

This RZM members' journal is from mid 1934; I'll see if I can find anything relating to the later lettered paper labels, but it's clear that the Pfennig charge for the RZM mark refers to the tariff paid.

Erich
            Festina lente!

Comment

Thanks for the additional information. Saris has also told me that the letter on the paper tags is representative of the tax paid to the RZM for the tag, not a pricing category for the item the tag is attached to. Any additional information or opinions is appreciated.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X