Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cased AH Plaque, opinions please

Hi Guys,

I am being offered this cased AH plaque. I really like it, but I have no idea what it is and what it was for. Any help about it would be very much appriciated. I would also like to know a fair value. Thanks in advance.

Bob

plaquette ah 4a.jpg

plaquette ah 4b.jpg

[ATTACH]1596854[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1596855[/ATTACH]

Comment

[ATTACH]1596856[/ATTACH]

Comment

These AH plaques were awarded for many reasons and it's near impossible to determine exactly what this one was awarded for without a dedication. It looks to be bronze and is cased, so IMO, the value would be in the 300.00 range.

Comment

This is NOT the "Fuhrer Plaque Award" as shown in Fuhrer & Fatherland by Angolia....though it is obviously a Fuhrer plaque of some type...just not the recognized "award" type.

I can't comment on it otherwise... certianly could still be some sort of award or prize....but the one in the book is the only true "Fuhrer Plaque Award" I believe.
          John G.
          Mainemilitaria

Comment

Originally posted by Mainemilitaria View Post
            This is NOT the "Fuhrer Plaque Award" as shown in Fuhrer & Fatherland by Angolia....though it is obviously a Fuhrer plaque of some type...just not the recognized "award" type.

I can't comment on it otherwise... certianly could still be some sort of award or prize....but the one in the book is the only true "Fuhrer Plaque Award" I believe.
            John G.
            Mainemilitaria
            I agree but most of these cased examples were awarded rather than sold to the public.

Comment

In my opinion, it think it would fetch a slightly higher value. Most plaques that I know have had their cases discarded and to find an orginal and one in this good condition, I feel it could be possibly US$350-400.

Mil

Comment

Ok Guys, Thanks for the replies. I am going to pass this one, but if anyone is interested, PM me and I'll see what we can do/

Bob

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X