Winged Truck w/ Swastika on the Grill Pin, What the Heck is This

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Winged Truck w/ Swastika on the Grill Pin, What the Heck is This

Does anyone have any idea what this might be and if so, is there any value to it? Thanks
    Attached Files

Chris,

Got one also....hope somebody knows!

Attached Files
    RonR

Comment

pin

Comment

Here with...

in Vol. 4 of "Headgear of Hitler's Germany" of Mr W. Saris
        Attached Files
        Straßburger / When in doubt do without...
        - Looking for : SS TK «Oberbayern» flatwire CT.

Comment

Pin

Very cool!!! So I assume these are quite rare? Any idea of value? Thanks

Comment

They started 1930 as N.S.A.(Automobil) K . - later N.S.K.(Kraftfahr)K.:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nationa...st_Motor_Corps

Gerdan

Comment

pin

Anyone have a photo of this pin being worn? It still seems pretty rare

Comment

Back in the 1960s....Delta International was selling these devices......back then they had some original stuff..... "left over stock" out of Germany....don't know if these were real or not....but the construction seems awfully good to be early Nazi...

The ones posted are the same as the Delta versions.....

Not giving opinion on originality....just adding alittle more information.
                John G.

Comment

maybe my memory is playing its tricks again,,but I thought that was a device for Finnish motorized units [?]

Comment

pin

So the book is wrong??? Both pins look exactly like the one in the book.

Comment

Chris somewhere in the back of my mind I remember that type swastika [and same emblem] being associated with Finnish motorized troops.

It's the type of swastika, for me not always meaning its 100% German. The Polish used the same for their Polish 21st and 22nd Mountain Infantry Divisions..
                      Don't worry, I'm sure eventually someone will come up with a period photo etc. showing it is what it is..
                      *Maybe try over on the International Forum!

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Lee View Post
                        So the book is wrong??? Both pins look exactly like the one in the book.

there are any errors in the Angolia books, it's possible the book is wrong...
                        could be interessting to know where Mr Angolia found the info, original sources, period "regulation" or new's paper pics, period pics ...
                        Straßburger / When in doubt do without...
                        - Looking for : SS TK «Oberbayern» flatwire CT.

Comment

I also recall fakes of these being sold in the old WW2 Inc catalogs in the early seventies.
                          NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

pin

Well, I can`t remember where I got this, or how much I paid for it which means it wasn`t alot. So if it is a fake its no big deal.

Comment

I remember it as well from the Delta Intl. and/or WW#2 catalogues from the late 60s/70s. The brief description indicated that they didn't know what the insignia was supposed to be.
                              The Saris/Spronk/Halcomb headgear book is one of the more accurate editions IMO, especially where there is documentation provided for insignia, regulation changes, etc. In this case I suspect it was conjecture since there is no reference cited and really no obvious connection between this flying flivver and the NSAK.
                              Erich
                              Festina lente!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X