Unknown "Rooster" membership pin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unknown "Rooster" membership pin

Does anyone know what organization this membership pin represents? Its head looks like a rooster or a chicken laying a too-big egg.
    Attached Files

Very interesting--have you a photo of the reverse?
    I think it's sideways--if you rotate it a quarter turn to the right, it looks like an eagle holding an oakleaf in its beak.
    Erich
    Festina lente!

Comment

You're right!!!

You are absolutely right! My sincere apologies to the eagle holding the oak leaf. I thought the leaf was the comb on a rooster!!! Blame old age and bad eye sight. The reverse is rusty & crusty, but I'll post a pic tomorrow. I didn't notice any MM, but as we all now know, that doesn't count for much. Thanks again.

Originally posted by Erich Benndorff View Post
      Very interesting--have you a photo of the reverse?
      I think it's sideways--if you rotate it a quarter turn to the right, it looks like an eagle holding an oakleaf in its beak.
      Erich

Comment

No apology needed! When I saw the photo, I agree, it looked like a rooster. In fact, my first thought was that it looked like a stylized northwestern American Indian symbol except for the sunwheel swastika, which American Indians didn't use. Looking at it from different angles worked, though.
        I was not necessarily looking for markings, but for the type of pin. Although, markings would always be a plus!
        Erich
        Festina lente!

Comment

very interesting. Never seen before, let's hope that the reverse will give us some clue.

Comment

"Rooster" reverse

Here's the Rooster pin in what is perhaps its correct orientation and a scan of the reverse. The reverse scan didn't come out well because of focus. It's a typical pin set-up. No makers marks to be seen. In my feeble defense, the pin is attached in such a way so that if the pin is pinned in horizontally into the shirt, the eagle is facing upward to form a sylized "death" rune (or perhaps pointed downward to form a "life" rune????). At this point, it's like a modern art painting where the owner doesn't know which direction to hang it on the wall!!!

Anyway, I'm going to forward a pic of this bird to Heering & Husken to see if they've ever seen it.
            Attached Files

Comment

I think it,s a pin, i say i think it,s a pin for the German branch of
              the Foghorn Leghorn appreciation society
              Regards
              Mametz

Comment

Military unit pin?

The god folks at Helmut Weitze said that they have seen one before and thought it might be a Traditionsabzeichen for a Wehrmacht unit.

Comment

I found a hint:

The Flugzeugführerschule C 4 could have had the symbl of an eagle's head with an oak leaf in his beak:

"Meißen Regimentsteller der FLUGZEUGFÜHRERSCHULE C 4, weißer Teller mit mehrfarbigem Dekor (ähnlich wie Adelswappen mit Adlerkopf der ein Eichenblatt im Schnabel trägt vor der Sonne mit gekreuzten Schwertern und Aufschrift `FLUGZEUGFÜHRER-SCHULE C 4`), rückseitig mit Schwertermarke und Wandhalterung, Bestzustand, extrem seltener Meißenteller"

Gerdan

Comment

Sorry for coming in late, been away for a few days........

This is the squadren badge for Kampfgeschwader 1, "Hindenburg".

Cheers
                    Don

Comment

Kampfgeschwader 1 Pin

Thanks for the info, Don! I just found a similar one in slightly better shape on Huesken's website on sale for about 180 Euros. Thanks again for the info. I sure would like to see a period photo of the symbol, though!!!

Originally posted by Don Scowen View Post
                      Sorry for coming in late, been away for a few days........

This is the squadren badge for Kampfgeschwader 1, "Hindenburg".

Cheers
                      Don

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X