SA Standarte ID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SA Standarte ID

In attempting to identify which SA Gruppe a collar tab is from, isn't it true that sometimes different SA Gruppes had identical Standarte numbers? I've seen a Franken tab with the Standarte number "30", and I also have an emerald green tab with Standarte 30. Therefore, isn't it impossible to identify which SA Gruppe it is from, just by the Standarte number?

Unit ID

Hats off to Erich Bernndorff, who provided us with the answer. He said that it was actually MORE common for the same Standarte numbers to be duplicated by other Gruppes than not!!! Therefore, the notion that an SA unit can be identified by the Standarte number is false in most cases. Very helpful!!

Comment

This is primarily true with the lower numbered Standarten. Much of the the earliest Standarten numbering was based on the Imperial units that were formerly located in the same town or city.
      Erich
      Festina lente!

Comment

Erich is of course correct, I find identifying some SA photos to an area is problematic because in black and white we cannot identify the Gruppe to narrow it down even with the standarte numerals clearly visible, Sean

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
        X