oorlogsspullen

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Request help identifying SA collar tab…?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Request help identifying SA collar tab…?

Can anyone tell me anything about this, I guess, SA Collar tab. The limited references that I have do not address this particular color arrangement; also shouldn’t a right side tab have a unit marking on it…?
    Regards,
    Bill
    Attached Files

I don't think this is an SA tab, although the color combination is that of the early Austrian SA groups (pre Anschluss). The dimensions are different than SA tabs usually present--these are longer and narrower than the standard--and every example I've seen has been blank. I seem to remember that I had found a reference to the organization that they were for, but frankly I don't recall what it was.
    Erich
    Festina lente!

Comment

Erich,
      Thanks for the come-back. I was just guessing that it was SA and yes the shape is quite a bit different. Nice looking tab, what ever it is; it was in my bag of “unidentifiables.” Thanks for your observations.
      Bill

Comment

My theory is that this was worn by personnel of the Werkluftschutz Sachsen (= Saxony Factory Air Raid Protection Service.)

The WLS organization used dark green collar patches and period photographs show personnel of the WLS Sachsen wearing two-colored piping around their collar patches and their special triangular sleeve badges.

There are surviving examples of these sleeve triangles with different piping colors including red-and-white.

Please see here for images:
        http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ad.php?t=92482

Another collar patch in the same style as the one above (but with added rank braid) was posted a while back on the AHF; please see here:
        http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=159792

Comment

Thank you very much for your response and the images are just great.
          Pretty much an exact match; I think you nailed it…! A set of these tabs, and related sleeve insignia must be fairly difficult to acquire.
          Thanks again,
          Bill

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X