EdelweissAntique

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NSKK General Officer's Shoulder Board? What Do You Think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NSKK General Officer's Shoulder Board? What Do You Think?

I pulled this out of the woodwork some time ago and had it thrown back. A friend and I have been discussing who wore this. My books on Political Organizations are rather limited. The vote is NSKK General. Anyone see something different? Thanks in advance.

FYI - The button is marked PRYM on the reverse.
    Attached Files
    Alitur vitium vivitque tegendo

Attached Files

Comment

Last
      Attached Files

Comment

Wow, 50 views, no responses.

I got an email from a friend. It is a - NSKK BRIGADEFUHRER- OBERGRUPPENFUHRER Shoulder Board. So, was on the right track.

Comment

I love threads where no one seems to wish to comment. Had a few myself.

My two cents: Pictured below are images from Fuller's work on SA Insignia; page 41. Presented is the Rohm style strap & one for a Brigade through Obergruppenfuhrer.

Note the similarity between the cording of the Rohm strap and that presented by Colorado. Clearly Rohm's was all gold whereas the present example isn't. yet, that said, it should provide a 'hint' as to the rank in that the cording is double gold versus single.
          Attached Files

Comment

Now, a recent sale by Mohawk (I'm pretty sure they know their stuff) showing a Brigadefuhrer strap.

Note the single gold cord as well as the fact there are only three cords in total for the General rank.

This, clearly, poses some interesting questions. Anyone have photos showing the strap worn by Erwin Kraus? Wasn't he the top dog?
            Attached Files

Comment

Hi Rick - Thanks for posting and sharing your experience. You are correct, I have been contacted by a couple people to sell, yet no one has posted. Except you of course!

I would like to know what I have first.

I was also discussing this board with another collector yesterday and he can take credit if he wishes if he is correct. He is still researching, but suspected it could be NPEA.

Throwing that out there.

Comment

This is still bugging me...

The NSKK Korpsfuhrer shoulderboard at Mike’s 'Marshals Baton' site (http://www.themarshalsbaton.com/Framepage.htm) appears to have three cords so I think NSKK is out.

The photo below from Jeff Clark’s book appears to knock out the Ordensburgen staff for, again, three cords not four.

I’m wondering if the key might be the brown underlay beneath the braid. Which group had brown/tan underlay?

Dumb question - what about Lutze. His board should’ve been similar to Rohm’s, perhaps without the goofy star...

RC
                Attached Files

Comment

Hi Rick -

Received email notification on what this strap most likely is. I will let my source chime if he wishes, but I do extend my thanks for his research assistance.

The button is Silver (looks gold in photos) for Westmark and the strap is for the rank of SA Brigadeführer up to Obergruppenführer.

It is measures 25 mm broad as is correct.

Comment

Originally posted by Colorado View Post

I was also discussing this board with another collector yesterday and he can take credit if he wishes if he is correct. He is still researching, but suspected it could be NPEA.

Throwing that out there.
                    Here's a scan of a set from an NPEA leader. Sorry it's not the best photo but probably okay for a quick comparisson example.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Bringing this back up. I am going to sell on estand in advance of us moving, but want to correctly ID what it is.

I have heard offline could be rank used but not adopted by SA, NPEA and NSKK. It is possible it will remain a mystery.

With the PRYM buttons would think it would date from the early days.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X