HJ shoulder strap oddities.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HJ shoulder strap oddities.

Here's a couple of oddball H.J. shoulder straps. There was a regulation change in 1938 and new black background straps were introduced to replace the brown background straps. These are what I believe to be straps that were period modified in an effort to comply with the new regulations. The first set is from Bann 55 Lippe. It's a 1934 pattern that have been dyed black on the top sides. Notice how the dye has partially soaked the numerals. The second is a Bann 389 Geilenkirchen 1934 pattern that has been oversewn on the bottom side with black "felt" like material and renumbered in what appears to be a hand stitched style and then flipped over to comply with the new regulations in 1938.
    Attached Files

A couple more. First photo is a flakhelfer for Bann 165, Harz-Bode with the Bann number handsewn to the strap. Flakhelfers did not normally have a Bann number on the shoulderstraps. Second photo is from Bann 160 Bonn. It has a tounge that has been sewn to the back to convert it from a sew on style to a slip on style. Third photo is for an Oberstammfuhrer on the staff of Gebiet 12 Moselland. It has also been modified from a sew on to a slip on style with the addition of a leather tounge and loop on the back.

Attached Files

Comment

First time i see a transitional pair of HJ shoulder boards

Comment

" waste not, want not.."

Comment

still nice and original mate

Comment

Thank you for posting Daren

You have a really nice collection my friend .

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X