Need opinions on SA Brownshirt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need opinions on SA Brownshirt

I've had this SA brownshirt for quite a few years and would like to get some opinions on the shirt as well as the tabs, armband, ribbon bar, etc. The shirt is unmarked. It has belt ramps at bottom. It came with a ribbon bar (see photos), a silver cutout wound badge (much of the silver is worn off), and a bronze DRA sports badge on front. Armband has a multi-piece swastika. Brown pebbled buttons are silver on back and say "EXTRA FEIN". A single dark brown plastic button at top and bottom of shirt.
    Brown collar tabs seem to be slightly different shades of brown, but perhaps that could be fading? One has an embroidered 21/17 and the other has a single pip.
    As for size, the chest measures 44" (22" measuring across front at armpits).
    I'll post lots of detail photos.
    Any thoughts would be appreciated.
    Attached Files

collar tab detail and awards
    Attached Files

Comment

armband detail and detail of medals, etc.
      Attached Files

Comment

inside of jacket and closer shot of inside
        Attached Files

Comment

cuff button detail and shot of belt ramps
          Attached Files

Comment

detail shots of back
            Attached Files

Comment

underside of collar tab area
              Attached Files

Comment

Stay away alot wrong here. Example buttons should be silver or gold not brown,needs a shoulderboard,those tabs are older type so should have piping on collar..etc etc

Comment

I know nothing about these brown shirts but i can tell you that the badges and ribbon bar look good.

Pierce

Comment

Yeah but your buying teh shirt not teh badges right?dont base teh purchase on badges.

Comment

Originally posted by wewelsburg View Post
                      Stay away alot wrong here. Example buttons should be silver or gold not brown,needs a shoulderboard,those tabs are older type so should have piping on collar..etc etc
                      He already owns it----he is looking for authentication.

Comment

I agree--this is a stripped or unused brownshirt that is missing the shoulderboard, collar piping, and has had incorrect buttons installed. Everything appears original, but was assembled without all of the pieces.
                        Erich
                        Festina lente!

Comment

Shirt

MY ADVICE: Take everything off the shirt except the armband, and start over. If the armband looks to be replaced, take it off also. That's a great looking early style 3-piece armband. Those are getting harder to find. Rebuild the shirt properly, or sell it stripped to someone who needs it. WHY? Since there is no collar piping, it would be difficult to build into an early shirt, only a LATER one. You would need a SET of preferably later style tabs, a single 2nd pattern enlisted shoulderboard (brown cords with aluminum colored veins with wool underlay in their specialty color, such as grey ="Foot-SA", medium-blue = "Medical-SA", etc.), Everything on the shirt appears original, but certain era insignias have different hallmarks than later ones. If you need ANY help or info, just PM me. Best Wishes

Comment

Thanks, everybody. I was hoping to sell it as it is, with medals & ribbon bar, etc. since that's how I bought it, but wanted to find out if anything on it was a fake. Sounds like the guy who put these pieces together really had his wires crossed! I'm at least glad to know the shirt & pieces are authentic, if somewhat confused.

I appreciate all the input from everyone!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X