Sturm 31/95?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sturm 31/95?

I am on temporary duty assignment and was in a local antique mall today after work, and saw an item that I hope members may be able to identify. No photo can be provided so I know this is going to be challenging.

The item is a black leather case about 12-inches tall, 8-inches wide and 3-inches deep. It has a flap closure on the top and a small leather handle. The top flap is marked in white lettering Sturm 31/95. On the front towards the bottom is a red cross symbol in a white circle measuring about 3-inches.

The item is labeled by the dealer as a german red cross case, but I think the Sturm 31/95 might be a reference to an SA unit and that it might be an SA First Aid Kit. But really have no clue.

Dealer is asking $285 and since I collect US medals, this is a bit out of my league and too risky to just spend the money on pure speculation.

Any ideas? And sorry again that I dont have the ability to take a picture of the item.

I'd say it's a possibly private purchase medical case that was used by that SA unit. I assume there are no maker's markings or contents. If it's very very clean, it's possible that the top dealer retail might be around the asking price, but IMO it's priced about double what it's worth.
    Thanks for letting us know about it!
    Erich
    Festina lente!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
    X