Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In 1909, the businessman Fritz Bremer Meldorfer the art weaving. In Austria Straße 59 was a complex of buildings, the space for the weaving and spinning the associated bot. In the thirties of the 20th Century, the company has 50 employees and 20 representatives. After 1945 the building for weaving and spinning have been enhanced considerably.

A special feature of the weaving was until its closure in 2000, the two wall weaving. This is a two-color double-layered hollow tissue that can appear, the pattern of both sides.

The daughter and the son took over the operation and in 1979 the mill went to the grandson, Jürgen Sattler on. He addressed a Web store and the Café Bremer "field. In 2000 the mill was closed.

Jürgen Sattler and his wife Frauke Sattler Triple wanted to carry the textile tradition but further and built the house became a meeting place for textile work. In the "Textilum" still one of the old looms can be seen.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve T View Post
      You can download one from the website Michael Fay took the picture from and posted now if you want to.

Do ask for some older ones if you do communicate with the Grandson of the factory founder. The Grandson took over the management of the factory in '79.

Look here: Brochure 1979
      Thanks Steve but I had that. I wad thinking more of a salescatalog with pics of patterns and prices. I'm sure one was issued on a yearly basis.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Fay View Post
        You sound angry,
        In my opinion you have a habit of being vague .. perhaps in good faith in trying to be careful...and have an appearance of neutrality... but i usually am not sure what you are saying .
        As you were vaguely seeming to cast a Christian overlay on my rug, I naturally wanted to know exactly what you were claiming to tell me.
        So I needed real clarification.

Thanks, ...it appears you are in conjecture mode. That is fine.

As for your subtle remark as to it being time to do our own research, yes, but if you state somthing ,then be clear about it the first time. Hmmm?
        After all it is hard to find evidence for or against an arguement put forth by you (or anyone else) that is in essence, unclear, vague and amorphous.
        Michael, if we only wrote pure facts on WAF there would not be a lot to read.

I merely wrote the name of the pattern. St. Bernward was responsible for some magnificent pieces of art in his time.

Maybe I thought I you would like to know the pattern name, I could be wrong, I don't know for a fact. I do know this for a fact, if someone told me the name of my gold brown pattern I would explore a potential avenue to learn more.

I get on well with a lot of people here, I think, but I can't seem to communicate with you Michael. Its a pity because if we could exchange thoughts instead of only facts we would likely find many of them are in agreement, but I don't know that for a fact.
        Last edited by Steve T; 03-15-2011, 07:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Minnesinger View Post
          Thanks Steve but I had that. I wad thinking more of a salescatalog with pics of patterns and prices. I'm sure one was issued on a yearly basis.
          I would think there are more. Good luck in exploring this avenue.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Fay View Post
            Pardon me Steve, but I did not download from anywhere. it was sent to me as an email attachment from concerned parties about modern teppich being sold as authentic TR rugs. I still have no idea where it comes from.
            It comes from the website of the link. You can see all the pictures now if you check the site.

Comment

Here are some friends of you favorite pillow Thorsten. Do you have the whole set?

Comment

more of their products
                Attached Files

Comment

Ci

Great items !! very, very nice !

Comment

Good Morning Minnesinger,

No - I don´t own the whole set of these pillows which you show.

I only own my sweet little red one since I managed to aquire it years ago out of an old household.

I wouldn´t mind owning the whole set, though ´cause they look somehow cute.

But I think the way your comment is being made brings an intention to light which gets in common with the continuing "attacks" of Michael.
                    -----------------------------
                    Did I ever offer the pillow here? - No.
                    Did I ever judged it to be an original DHW piece? - No.

Instead of that Michael turned up being the first proudly presenting his "tapestry" (which is in fact a former curtain!) as THE great pagan pattern - which it is not as Steve already explained.

Also the examples Don is sharing I never touched nor offered them to anybody - just because they are not pagan and therefore cannot be related to the production range of DHW in any way.

I only hunted the pagan patterns and hunted also for as much as original DHW booklets and documents I could get my hands on - because I wanted evidence for my pieces, as far as possible at least.

ALL the tapestries which I sold here in the E-stand were and actually are attached with this doubtless evidence - and if not I said so!

We even found out here in a fruitful manner and discussion (except of Michael´s hot tongue) that there were different patterns of the tree of life in use within the period and the DHW production time - it is possible that these pagan patterns were still in use and production after 1945 and we also discussed that.

And I highly doubt that all these pagan patterns were already in use before the period and if so they just reflect the Zeitgeist before 1933 which was part of the reason and the melting pot of ideological interest and development out of which actually the NSDAP and SS were formed.

Comment

Everything isn't an attack on your person Thorsten. I thought you would be happy to know about them or simply answer yes and show some photos. This reaction however makes the decision to stop writing here for the time being so much easier. This thread is stealing too much time from my studies. So much I even use my handy to check it and answer between lectures.

Comment

I'll leave you with a comment that suits your answer; You have no right mocking Michael's tapestry calling it a simple curtain when your beloved sippentruhe is nothing more than a simple cabinet. You know this since you speak German. You might want to enlighten the people who doesn't about what a truhe really is and how one would be opened.

Tschüß.

Comment

Now that´s an answer!

For your info:

About two or three years ago two Beiderwand curtains popped up on german Ebay and they were sold to a german Ebayer.

Finally one of the two curtains made it´s way onto a US dealer´s website (maybe it´s owner is a WAF member...) and it was obviously sold to Joe.

The other one of the two curtains then was purchased by Michael from a "honorable seller" as he stated - obviously a WAF member as well - otherwise how should he have been able to contact Michael and offer it to him?

So I assume that the one purchased by Michael has been sold by the german person who initially bought it in german Ebay.

I do not mock about Michael´s piece at all - I just share my knowledge and if someone - like he does! - continually attacks and insults me I might ride a counter-attack once in a while and so that person has to live with it´s result.

You think I have no right doing so?

Well, thanks for sharing your opinion regarding that matter.

And if you are too jealous about my original Sippentruhe to keep that feeling for yourself - too bad, I don´t really care since you unfortenately forgot to let any evidence coming along with your opinion.

But thanks for that comment anyway - jealousy cannot destroy my pieces but the character of the one who carries that evil feeling along with him.

Comment

So this is not a personally ordered and extraordinarily skillful manufactured Sippentruhe from 1941, you think?

C´mon - try to burn my original piece.

You can talk the talk - but can you also walk the walk?
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Thorsten B. View Post
                              So this is not a personally ordered and extraordinarily skillful manufactured Sippentruhe from 1941, you think?

C´mon - try to burn my original piece.

You can talk the talk - but can you also walk the walk?
                              No. It is a extraordinary skillfully manufactured cabinet from 41. A truhe is a chest that is top-fed whereas yours have two doors on the front. There is no way around this fact.

Comment

Just for your info:

In Germany chests cannot only be opened via the lid but also with two doors in the front - buy some books about chests and visit museums and you will find out that there were traditionally differences due to different cultural developments, habits and taste throughout the many different regions in Germany.

To keep these traditional regional differences alive was one fundamental pillar of the ideology in the period and actually one reason for founding the DHW and other cultural projects at all.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 19 users online. 0 members and 19 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X