Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This may be of interest for all you cultural item lovers as well: an oval wedding plate!

More details in the E-stand.
    Attached Files

Comment

pin/brooch

Comment

Hi Jan,

Please send that scrap metal to me

Etienne

Comment

Jan, nice to see

Comment

Originally posted by Etienne B. View Post
            Hi Jan,

Please send that scrap metal to me

Etienne

Originally posted by Steve T View Post
            Jan, nice to see
            Thanks, guys.
            A small contribution, but nice to have.

Jan

Comment

Really nice pieces - would love to see another clear shot of the pot with the swastika and it´s description ahead of it - the piece must be from Westphalia.

Comment

Stepping back just for a moment to Thorsten's post of the chest. It always interesting to look back and see how many of these pieces really did take traditional design elements of the folk traditions and apply them to the fairly modern style of the time, such as the chest posted.

Here we see another chest from 150-200 years before the TR.
                Attached Files

Comment

... It always interesting to look back and see how many of these pieces really did take traditional design elements of the folk traditions and apply them to the fairly modern style of the time, such as the chest posted.

Here we see another chest from 150-200 years before the TR.
                  It was precisely the traditional aspects that were to either reinforce age-old German values or Nordic symbology that official literature and TR era organizations would emphatically proclaim why such items were suitable and highly appropiate for the Folk.

As one memoir I am reading states it : there were three currents;
                  1.ancient customs and pagan traditions
                  2.the Christian overlay and interpretations of the older traditions over centuries by various kinds of Christian beliefs in Gemany
                  3 The "nazi radical interpretation of the Germanic heritage and Aryan destiny by altering the meanings of familiar holiday symbols and practices(including crafts)" of both pagan and Christian traditions--and those already syntheized prior to TR era .

Comment

Originally posted by Jan Holland View Post
                    pin/brooch

Very nice.
                    Being a paper enthusiast myself I would suspect that to be a "Hamer Maandblad," from the looks of it.

Comment

I'll post this here as we have no cultural interest section on the forum, so apologies if you are only looking for SS specific items. The SS also were part of a bigger picture though and many themes/elements of design were common and indeed promoted by Himmler in his cultural efforts.

The stag is an ever popular motiv used on many folkish items of the TR period. This plate from the artist Gustav Heinkel (1907 -1945 Missing (Heer) in Russia) has the typical happy looking jumping stag and looks very much in the folk style to me. Heinkel produced a very broad range of items from folkish right through to very modernistic Bauhaus style design. An accomplished artist.

Of more cultural interest is the huge murals (Nibelungen Saga, Watch on Rhine) Heinkel did in exactly the same Majolika process as the plate, for the Wehrmacht. From what I read, the Heer barracks where the murals were installed have been mostly torn down now to make way for new shops and so forth but the murals have been saved. Link to site (mural picture credit to site also) http://www.knielingen.de/cms/index.p...7&limitstart=5
                      Attached Files

Comment

Very beautiful plate!!

Comment

I think that this thread should be pinned due to all the fantastic Cultural pieces posted all in one place. JMO.

Comment

I would think the likes of Darré and Himmler would have approved of this plate, with its rustic style and script which in some respects honours the farmer for his labours with the saying 'By the Farmers Strength, Bread is made'.

PS. If you German chaps can provide a better translation feel free..
                            Attached Files

Comment

'By the Farmers Strength, Bread is made'.

PS. If you German chaps can provide a better translation feel free..

exact translation and nice plate Steve

I would like to show something my neighbour gave me today...all are from his passed mother and definitly period
                              call them napkins? or table cloths?? for sure old linen cloth.

some have a eagle on it and some have kind of motives that remind me on those Heimatwerk motives...sorry if they are not

..any help is much apreciated

Andreas
                              Attached Files

Comment

k
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 64 users online. 0 members and 64 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X