JR. on WAF - medamilitaria@gmail.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fuherhaptquarter cufftitle in yellow on black question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How does this stack up against another original??

Hope these are enough to tell if this one is original or not. The flash on my camera made the material look a little bluish, but it is definitely black. Does anybody have an original they can post for comparison??
    Last edited by juoneen; 05-15-2010, 10:24 PM.

Comment

Mike

Collecting mint condition Imperial German uniforms, visor caps, and Pickelhauben.

Comment

Thanks mike...does anybody have an original of this style (first type) thats an original? Ive seen the 2nd version, but never this type. The dealers buy at an auction had good an bad stuff, so once i see one bad item i am looking for more in the lot. Thanks again for the help. Ill check back to see if anybody posts one in the future, but im passing .

Comment

From Helmut Weitze ....
          Attached Files

Collecting mint condition Imperial German uniforms, visor caps, and Pickelhauben.

Comment

Hi,

Mike H posted a nice example of the 1st pattern. As I mentioned before these are quite rare. The 2nd text is done in sutterlin script.

As for the example you posted, unless it is some rare variant that I am not aware of, I would pass on it.

"CSP", who is a member of this forum, has alot of info on these. Hopefully he will see this thread.

Gary B
            ANA LM #1201868, OMSA LM #60, OVMS LM #8348

Comment

I did pass, but the next day i was informed by the author of a book on the subject this title is an original. It matched exactly the original in his book . So i guess i lost out on that one. We all make mistakes. Cant say i hold it againt those who thought it wasnt right. Just wanted to let others know just for the educational part it was good. Thanks to all anyway.

Comment

Hi,

What book/author?

Gary B
                ANA LM #1201868, OMSA LM #60, OVMS LM #8348

Comment

I would have to echo Gary -- what author, what book?

Mike

Comment

The author may be wrong on this one!In this thread below this cuff is pronounced bad also by 2 very knowledgeable guys,one being Gary Wood.
                    See here:
                    http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...rhauptquartier

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X