Comment

Thanks, D Funk

Comment

Original unmarked piece.

Comment

Looks good!

Comment

Eagle

The problem with early eagles is that many manufacturers made them, and they seem to vary quite a bit. That makes it difficult at times to authenticate some of them with certainty. I like to see crisp, fine detail, though I'm sure some originals have better detail than others. . Here's an RZM'd example with superb detail. It came from Bob Rice in Santa Monica many years ago.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Eagle

Notice the eagles expression. I like the way the chest feathers have those ridges, also notice the way the lower wing feathers are actually ANGLED, as opposed to just having the design indented !!

Comment

Eagle

I would like to make clear that I wasn't criticizing this thread's eagle.

Comment

Originally posted by sgstandard View Post
                          The problem with early eagles is that many manufacturers made them, and they seem to vary quite a bit. That makes it difficult at times to authenticate some of them with certainty. I like to see crisp, fine detail, though I'm sure some originals have better detail than others. . Here's an RZM'd example with superb detail. It came from Bob Rice in Santa Monica many years ago.
                          Notice the eagles expression. I like the way the chest feathers have those ridges, also notice the way the lower wing feathers are actually ANGLED, as opposed to just having the design indented !!
                          I would like to make clear that I wasn't criticizing this thread's eagle.

Thank you for the explanation. That´s great information.
                          On the first sight I was not sure about the eagle. As you describe the details are not as crisp as one would like to see it. Your´s is an excellent eagle with super crisp details. Congrats!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X