Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BDM jacket with Prym snap triangles

Hello everybody,

I would like to put this BDM Kletterweste for discussion first, before offering it on the estand.

It is a honest worn jacket, the armpit areas show some typical slight damage due to regular wear. It seems to be stored unlucky, because there are few splashes of color on the right of the jacket.

It came with two "Mitte Thüringen" district triangles - one HJ and one BDM style. It seems, the girl wore both of them, because there is nothing known about a HJ boy in the family of the former owner.
    Perhaps the girl first got the HJ one and then bought the official BDM triangle? Or she just liked to have a decent individual Kletterweste?

The triangles can be attached to the jacket by Prym snaps. I am afraid there is no Raute.

Feel free to comment.

Kind regards,
    Stefan
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Stoppelhopser; 05-13-2010, 10:59 AM.

inner lining and splashes
    Attached Files

Comment

left armpit damage due to regular wear.
      Attached Files

Comment

the attachment of the HJ triangle
        Attached Files

Comment

both triangles
          Attached Files

Comment

two more impressions. I hope you like it.
            Attached Files

Comment

Well im not a BDM/HJ guy but since no one has chimed in id guess these were attached post war? These triangles were supposed to be attached to the left upper arm, maybe somebody attached these for show, another collecter? nice jacket in any case, Sean

Comment

I've seen this type of snap arangement on HJ uniforms before. The lower set of snaps looks like it is for the sleeve diamond based on the shape in the photo and that is where it would be worn, under the triangle.

Comment

Left arm

Originally posted by luftwaffe blue View Post
                  Well im not a BDM/HJ guy but since no one has chimed in id guess these were attached post war? These triangles were supposed to be attached to the left upper arm, maybe somebody attached these for show, another collecter? nice jacket in any case, Sean
                  They are attached to the left arm maybe not as high as the shoulder, but clearly above the other smaller patch which I would agree was probably a diamond. I would have to say pre-45 not post. very nice example. (I have seen other triangles with snaps) Thanks for sharing, very nice!!! Tim

Comment

This one appears to be on ebay DE now.

Comment

Originally posted by ELECTRIC View Post
                      They are attached to the left arm maybe not as high as the shoulder, but clearly above the other smaller patch which I would agree was probably a diamond. I would have to say pre-45 not post. very nice example. (I have seen other triangles with snaps) Thanks for sharing, very nice!!! Tim
                      Maybe not as high? they are clearly lower arm,no where near were they should be. And two triangles together? please explain why you say pre war, I see no evidence to decide that

Comment

Originally posted by luftwaffe blue View Post
                        Maybe not as high? they are clearly lower arm,no where near were they should be. And two triangles together? please explain why you say pre war, I see no evidence to decide that
                        I take the placing of the Pryms back, the pryms are higher, apologies i was looking at the picture with the triangles placed lower

Comment

Originally posted by Gefolgschaft View Post
                          This one appears to be on ebay DE now.

darin you got a link mate?

Comment

I didn't save it on my watch list but it's on Ebay DE. Just the jacket is listed, no insignia is listed in the auction.

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.de/BDM-Jacke-Kletter...item45f2e15e69

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X