Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Silver merit german eagle order

Hey guys,

I've been searching the forum on this medal, and I've seen posts that would suggest it's good and also ones that might suggest it's bad. I dont really see anything wrong with this one but I'm not expert.

The photos shown are all I have from the selling company. I don't know if the ring is marked or the sides are marked... Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

-Rose
    Attached Files

Rose, it looks good from here IMO, but better pictures would have helped.

Nick

Comment

I once had the no swords version of that eagle order, and it had an 800 on the edge at the bottom. If this one doesn't have the mark , it may be, if original, a late war version I would assume with the finish this one seems to have. Im not sure this one is correct on the back marks, as mine was the other style lettering. Im not sure if they ever made them with both styles or not.
      Last edited by juoneen; 05-10-2010, 03:09 AM.

Comment

Hey guys,

Thanks for your input. It looks like the other medals I searched on here and on dealer sites. I dont see any "pock" marks from being cast.. and the details look too sharp to be a cast copy. So I think it's a good one.

From my searching I found that they were produced in both types of scripts. I only wish that the dealer had more pictures.

-Rose

Do you know if there is another area on this forum that others might be able to comment as well?

Comment

Originally posted by militarymedic View Post
          Hey guys,

Thanks for your input. It looks like the other medals I searched on here and on dealer sites. I dont see any "pock" marks from being cast.. and the details look too sharp to be a cast copy. So I think it's a good one.

From my searching I found that they were produced in both types of scripts. I only wish that the dealer had more pictures.

-Rose

Do you know if there is another area on this forum that others might be able to comment as well?
          The Gothic style was the early version. I have both a Gothic and a Latin and they are both maker marked and proof marked on the edge. I believe all silver models should have these markings.

Comment

UPDATE:

I received a response from the company about any markings. She stated that she looked at the ribbon ring with a loop and found that there was a "30" marking on it. I hope this helps... I'm pretty sure now that it's a good one.

Also, I found this in a thread about these medals. This quote is from W.C. Stump.. RIP

The 1937 Medal of Merit was in silver, had Gothic script, and had a red field ribbon. The rim was maarked "835 PR. MUNZE BERLIN".

In 1939 The medal came with and without swords, in 835 fine silver and retained the red field ribbon. SOME WERE MARKED "MUNZAMT WIEN 835".

In the 1943 version, the medals came in both bronze and silver and the bronze medal has a red field ribbon with a white center stripe. The scrpt was changed to Latin. NO RIM MARKING, BUT RING MARKED "30".
            Last edited by Rose Heppler; 05-14-2010, 02:42 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X