Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luftwaffe? Air Factory Protection Pin Help Please

Guys,
    I just recently aquired this pin and know almost next to nothing about it. It is number stamped on the back and the 2 letters on the front are W L. I heard it has to do with factory protection but thats it. Thanks for any help
    Attached Files

pin

reverse
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Lee View Post
      Guys,
      I just recently aquired this pin and know almost next to nothing about it. It is number stamped on the back and the 2 letters on the front are W L. I heard it has to do with factory protection but thats it. Thanks for any help
      responded to the post in the Tinnies section as well - found it in the Heering-Huesken catalogue of pins (Kleinabzeichen) - page 186 (picture page 188) 9718a Abzeichen fuer Werkluftschutzleiter and it looks like you are on the right track. As far as I know that would be factory air defence leader.

Holger

Comment

Chris,

This is the Civil Lapel Badge for a member of the Works Air Defense or Werkluftshutzleiter as Holger has stated.

This organization was within the Reichsgruppe Industrie which had the resposibility to proctect war essential industries.

Its duties were to organize special Recovery and Wreckage clearance squads, Medical and Veteranary teams, roof spotters, telephonists and message carriers, and fire fighting parties.

Initially a volunteer organization, but as the war progressed , any worker regardless of gender or citizenship, could be drafted into the WLS.

Here is an unmarked pin-back version of the Civil Lapel Badge:
        Attached Files
        RonR

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
        X