Arno Brecker Hitler Plaque

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arno Brecker Hitler Plaque

I wanted to share the latest piece in my collection, It's a very large 43cm cast iron plaque done by Arno Breker for the New Reichs Chancellery. This is the first of it's kind that I have seen. Herrmann Historica sold a like one at auction a few years ago.
    Attached Files

Very nice Erich, congratulation

Comment

Originally posted by Jon-Olav Holden View Post
      Very nice Erich, congratulation
      Thanks Jon, it weighs about 30lbs so now comes the problem of where to hang it!

Comment

Originally posted by ErichS View Post
        Thanks Jon, it weighs about 30lbs so now comes the problem of where to hang it!

Outside over your door?

Comment

Originally posted by Jon-Olav Holden View Post
          Outside over your door?
          Good one, and the villagers would come for me with rakes and picks!

Comment

Originally posted by ErichS View Post
            Good one, and the villagers would come for me with rakes and picks!

Lock your door, Erich

Comment

The Artists name is spelled Breker. Sorry for the error.

Comment

That is a wonderful piece Erich, thanks for posting! Breker's work never fails to impress, and really a privilege to have an authentic casting.

Comment

Originally posted by Albrecht View Post
                  That is a wonderful piece Erich, thanks for posting! Breker's work never fails to impress, and really a privilege to have an authentic casting.
                  Thank you for the kind words Albrecht. Being an important piece of history linked to the RC and also being a Breker piece, I had to get it. I can't get over the large size and weight of the piece though. Best, Erich

Comment

Splendid and well-executed, as one would expect from this famous sculptor!

Comment

Superb piece, Erich!
                      Regarding the RK connection--was there one on display at the RK, and a limited run made, or ? Obviously it's too large, heavy, and formal for hanging in a house, so they must have been intended for offices or official buildings?
                      Erich
                      Festina lente!

Comment

Originally posted by Erich Benndorff View Post
                        Superb piece, Erich!
                        Regarding the RK connection--was there one on display at the RK, and a limited run made, or ? Obviously it's too large, heavy, and formal for hanging in a house, so they must have been intended for offices or official buildings?
                        Erich
                        Hi Erich, according Hemann Historica research the large cast iron plaques were done by Breker in 1939 for the RK, although I don't have any period photos showing one as of yet. Yes, these pieces were way too large for the home and were designed for official use. Either way, a true work of art by a very famous TR Artist.

Comment

Erich, again according to HH, these RK related plaques are very rare with a very limited run. Until this one became available , I have not seen another. Has anyone else?

Comment

I've never seen one of these that I can remember--the closest similar piece would be the Breker 50th birthday plaques, but of course they're much smaller.
                            Erich
                            Festina lente!

Comment

Originally posted by Erich Benndorff View Post
                              I've never seen one of these that I can remember--the closest similar piece would be the Breker 50th birthday plaques, but of course they're much smaller.
                              Erich
                              I have also seen the Birthday plaques and they were 13cm in size and came boxed. The revese of my plaque has two forge markings showing that it was forged in Prussia.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X