No announcement yet.

Sa Belt Experts!?!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i have just found this sa stamping as in the first post on a belt dated 1934 also the catch that clips onto the buckle is stamped " 1 " i have owned various nsdap belts in the past and i dont think that these sa stamped ones are legit

Comment

Gau designations are political; the SA used SA group markings. The rectangular stamp indicatesKreisleitung München der NSDAP; the document stamp is for the NSDAP Gau München-Obb, and looks like the Gau Bereitschaft. Aside from the fact that these are Political stampings that were not used by the SA, the color and width of the belt are the type made for PLs and not for the SA--the SA belts are narrower and the color is chocolate brown. That's not to say the early SA never wore the incorrect belt or other items, but by the later date of this belt, the organization items and regulations were well established.
      Erich
      Festina lente!

Comment

Thanks for the info Eric as it is much appriciated.

Any guess as to why a document stamp however?

Have you seen this before on any leather items of PL?

Comment

Actually, I've seen document stamps used as property markings on uniforms and equipment before. I'm not sure if I've seen them on PL items, but definitely have on SA material. In fact, early on the armbands worn by the SA on brownshirts at least were supposed to have a stamping on each, with the round document type stamp of the local or SA HQ office. But I'm sure the stampings on your belt are legitimate.
          Erich
          Festina lente!

Comment

Belt

Is the buckle RZM marked? it should be, if I'm correct.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X