Reichskanzlei Plaque

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reichskanzlei Plaque

I wanted to share the newest piece in my collection, a plaque that was given to those who were involved in the building of the Reich Chancellery. The Hitler bust is by famed Artist Arno Breker and the plaque is struck in iron.
    Attached Files

Excellent Erich.
    I believe these were originally presented in some sort of case or cassette.
    Would love to see a close-up of the eagle and bust if you can.
    PS - What are the dimensions for this piece?
    Thanks and congrats!
    Sincerely,
    Bob

Comment

This was an amazing piece Erich, congratulation!!

I have to say i love everything that can be traced back to the "Neue Reichskanzlei"

Comment

They offer it for about 600,00 €

http://www.the-saleroom.com/catalogu...ventId=2790806

Gerdan

Comment

Thanks guys but it's no longer part of my collection.

Comment

Does anyone know if these are being reproduced?
            I am looking to buy one but the details don't look that sharp.
            If anyone has one, please can you post a photo of the back?

Thank you.

Comment

You really flipped that piece quickly, Erich -- you only had it for two days! I too would have liked to have seen a closeup or two; can't even really make out the inscription. And the design of the eagle and swaz is unusual; one would have thought that that design would have been the same as the monogram on Hitler's letterhead...? I don't recall seeing this design anywhere else, and I don't find the pointed wingtips particularly pleasing...wish AH had asked me for my approval before he went ahead and had this piece cast; I would have given him GOOD advice!! IMHO, of course!

Thanks, my friend,

Br. James

Comment

After some searching I found a picture showing the back of a good piece.
                It is a recessed negative of the front with a wall loop as seen on the Fuhrer plaques.

The one I was looking at had a flat / crudely uneven back.
                This makes me think it was from a one side moulded copy.

Glad I held off and spent some good hours researching...

Comment

Originally posted by Br. James View Post
                  You really flipped that piece quickly, Erich -- you only had it for two days! I too would have liked to have seen a closeup or two; can't even really make out the inscription. And the design of the eagle and swaz is unusual; one would have thought that that design would have been the same as the monogram on Hitler's letterhead...? I don't recall seeing this design anywhere else, and I don't find the pointed wingtips particularly pleasing...wish AH had asked me for my approval before he went ahead and had this piece cast; I would have given him GOOD advice!! IMHO, of course!

Thanks, my friend,

Br. James
                  The one I had was made of plastic and I sent it back to the seller. The only ones that I feel are original are made of cast iron.

Comment

erich, why didn"t you tell us it was made of plastic to start with .....i thought it was real ........EC

Comment

Sorry but the pic that I posted was from the seller before I received the plaque. When I received it saw it was made of plastic back it went. Didn't mean to misrepresent it.

Erich

Comment

THANKS ERICH!!!!,EC

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                        X