No announcement yet.

Jakob Grimminger group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Id love to see whats on his tab in the photo in his passbook.Grimminger wore a slew of tabs,he wore a blank one,a number 1 tab vertical and horizontal,an Eif rune tab,and also wore an SS tab and his SUD cufftitle,! Ive tried to figure out why since it was on a black tunic and he was never in the LAH.Im guessing it was a sort of honor tab for being the Blutfahn carrier,I havent found a pic with him with teh SS tab accompanied with a cufftitle which may explain the reason or not.
    Ive brought up this question before about his SS tab,and had scant guesses and theories but none concrete..Robin Lumsden said "Grimminger was never in the Leibstandarte.He had a 'special' status"but anyone have anything else to add?In this pic he is accompanied by Dietrich,in the other pics when wearing the runes he is flanked by LAH troops,possibly it was to match them?

I have also seen him in a brownshirt with the runes tab also.This is a mystery to me...anyone?
    Note: Grimminger wore the Oberabscnitte SUD cufftitle and coincidentally teh SS tab with teh LARGE 1 on it is for the SS Politische Berefeitschaften 1 (SS Standarte No. 1, SS Oberabsnitt Sud, SS Political Readiness Detachment).Now Grimminger never wore that tab,but was a member of SUD,

Possibly bfore the other rediness detachment numbered tabs came out there may have been only 1 readiness detachment the first one"SUD" therefore maybe he is wearing an early version of the tab without the numbers and since it may have been the only detachment at the time the only tab was SS with no runes?

This is the best guess I have if indeed he was part of this detachment,but he was definately in SUD Oberabscnitte itself.
    Hope I havent confused you!Below is Grimminger with the SS tab and next to him is an example of teh SS Politische Berefeitschaften 1 tab political detachment maybe as i said the
    plain runes tab represents an early form of this tab before the other detachments were created?a possibility since he was a SUD member I dont know if he was in the readiness detachment branch of SUD though. which would squash that theory I guess..

Last edited by wewelsburg; 03-12-2010, 09:59 AM.

Comment

I believe that his large Golden Party Badge was recently sold also.
      George

Comment

Originally posted by George Stimson View Post
        I believe that his large Golden Party Badge was recently sold also.
        Correct,here it is,now sold
        http://www.craiggottlieb.com/data/in...cob+Grimminger

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Fish View Post
          Do you remember the asking price for it?

Comment

Originally posted by wewelsburg View Post
            Id love to see whats on his tab in the photo in his passbook.Grimminger wore a slew of tabs,he wore a blank one,a number 1 tab vertical and horizontal,an Eif rune tab,and also wore an SS tab and his SUD cufftitle,! Ive tried to figure out why since it was on a black tunic and he was never in the LAH.Im guessing it was a sort of honor tab for being the Blutfahn carrier,I havent found a pic with him with teh SS tab accompanied with a cufftitle which may explain the reason or not.
            Ive brought up this question before about his SS tab,and had scant guesses and theories but none concrete..Robin Lumsden said "Grimminger was never in the Leibstandarte.He had a 'special' status"but anyone have anything else to add?In this pic he is accompanied by Dietrich,in the other pics when wearing the runes he is flanked by LAH troops,possibly it was to match them?
            Of particular interest here is that the item in post # 4 actually does identify him as a member of the Leibstandarte Adolf Hitler, or more precisely the Adolf-Hitler-Standarte, as it was known for a few months in 1933. Could it be that he was briefly affiliated with the later LSSAH after all, possibly on an honorary basis?

Comment

Originally posted by Jon-Olav Holden View Post
              [ATTACH]1450649[/ATTACH]
              Here's an the original photo showing Hitler and Grimminger. Someone got a great grouping and thanks for posting it Jon!
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Jon-Olav Holden View Post
                Do you remember the asking price for it?
                25k I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by ErichS View Post
                  Here's an the original photo showing Hitler and Grimminger. Someone got a great grouping and thanks for posting it Jon!
                  Lovely shot Erich!

I'm very glad you like it Erich, wonder who's the lucky owner...........

Comment

Originally posted by HPL2008 View Post
                    Of particular interest here is that the item in post # 4 actually does identify him as a member of the Leibstandarte Adolf Hitler, or more precisely the Adolf-Hitler-Standarte, as it was known for a few months in 1933. Could it be that he was briefly affiliated with the later LSSAH after all, possibly on an honorary basis?
                    This is EXACTLY what I was thinking,honorary since he did carry teh Blutfahn.These documents DO say hes in teh Adolf HItler Standarte{later LAH},can anyone else shed light on this PLEASE.in fact does this mean he was in teh LAH after all on an honor basis or what?The rune tab hes wearing must mean LAH after all.

Comment

I can't explain why Grimminger's wearing the 'Adolf Hitler' runes, but he was never a member of the Leibstandarte.

He just wasn't tall enough!
                      Attached Files

Comment

Grimminger seems to have worn the runes only at the RPT 1934..............see this shot from 'Triumph of the Will'.

At that time, the LAH was riding the crest of a wave after its part in The Night of the Long Knives.

You only have to see the cheers that went up whan the LAH appeared in the final scenes of the film. They got far more applause than the other SS units in the parade.

So maybe Grimminger wore the runes to 'fit in' with the others in the parade on this occasion, which was being filmed for a world audience?

Note: He wears the SS runes collar tab, but NOT the 'Adolf Hitler' cuff title !!!!
                        Attached Files

Comment

That is strange but Im sure Ive seen also a pic of him in the brownshirt with the runes also..????? All i can think is that its just for show like you say since teh men flanking him wear teh runes ..and carrying teh blutfahn is such an honor that he is wearing them to show he representing the SS in such an important duty?if indeed I can fin the brownshirt example it would be even greater a mystery.

Comment

An autograph currently available:

http://worldwarmilitaria.com/forum/s...2475#post52475

Comment

The marching scenes in 'Triumph of the Will' were dubbed with the cheers and music, which was recorded in a studio. So it may have been more of a conscious or subconscious move on the part of Riefenstahl to have the crowd standing and cheering at that point of the film.
                              Erich
                              Festina lente!

Comment

"The Jakob Grimminger Story"

A film that Hollyweird probably won't be making soon - "The Jakob Grimminger Story", starring Lee Van Cleef. If someone could post a photo of Van Cleef, you'll see what I mean !! FABULOUS items - Who WOULDN'T be jealous!!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X