Mini Party badge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mini Party badge

Good evening gents, I wanted to post this one up, I believe these minis are fairly rare i couldnt find many references to them using the search facility, I believe it to be good but would like a 2nd opinion and if this passes your expert eyes what value would it be worth as party badges arent really my thing PS If this is in completely the wrong place mods please feel free to move this one
    Cheers
    James
    Attached Files
    Last edited by jambobbyb; 02-26-2010, 06:31 PM.

2 sadly does have enamel damage
    Attached Files

Comment

A nice earlY Pre- RZM badge IMO.

Comment

Hi Erich many thanks for your reply and your comments, Its a great little badge just such a shame about the enamel damage.
        James

Comment

a neat little piece never seen one before atall.

for sale?

Comment

Looks original, obviously pre RZM, when anything could be produced. It would certainly help if you would post the diameter in mm's for us. These always go for some premium over a plain vanilla party badge. But not a whole lot more.

Comment

Hi guys, Sorry for the slow reply, it measures a shade under 17mm I know this isn't worth major bucks but any idea on a reasonable price would be great.
              Cheers
              James

Comment

A mini Party Badge, having a 14mm diameter, but in stickpin form, & in very nice undamaged condition, just sold for $90 on the Collector's Guild of Canada. The value for your damaged badge, with all the silver finish missing, & with broken chipped enamel, would be worth substantially less, in my opinion.

Comment

Hi silesien, many thanks for that I agree the enamel damage is a real shame, but stick pins are fairly common these aren't.
                  Cheers
                  James

Comment

I think Germanwarbooty has a 14mm mini for sale and I believe he is asking $125.00 for it. I would have to say that the stick pin would be the more scarce of the two though.
                    IMO probably around $75.00 with the damage, but it's only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

Comment

Hi Blut well WOW this is the only one i have seen in 8 years but as a non party badge collector i guess i got its rarity wrong, To be honest i wouldnt pay $20 for this damaged example when there is a minter on GWB.
                      Many thanks for the advice guys
                      James

Comment

Originally posted by jambobbyb View Post
                        Hi Blut well WOW this is the only one i have seen in 8 years but as a non party badge collector i guess i got its rarity wrong, To be honest i wouldnt pay $20 for this damaged example when there is a minter on GWB.
                        Many thanks for the advice guys
                        James
                        I'm not a huge party badge collector either, I've just seen more of the minis than the stickpins, maybe just different sides of the globe. Stickpins may be more available in your neck of the woods. Bottom line is both are more scarce than the full-sized and I would place about the same value on either of them.

Comment

I love the minis. You usually see them for $70-$90, which is a fair price - maybe a little more. At $20 I'd back up the truck! A little damage like that won't detract too much from value.

There are lots of fake stickpins out there. I've seen few I've been happy with.

Here are two of mine with a regular sized one for comparison.

Last edited by sjl; 03-01-2010, 10:46 AM.

Comment

Here's a closeup of the bottom one. I believe it is 14mm.

I like the little goob of stray enamel on the back - gives it character.

Comment

Originally posted by blutundehre View Post
                              I'm not a huge party badge collector either, I've just seen more of the minis than the stickpins, maybe just different sides of the globe. Stickpins may be more available in your neck of the woods. Bottom line is both are more scarce than the full-sized and I would place about the same value on either of them.
                              Hi Blut, I see quite a few stickpins kicking about but never seen another Mini, Must just have been unlucky or is that lucky

Hi SJL Very nice indeed these are a cool little item even as a non party/political collector i do love the imagery on these very striking.

Cheers
                              James

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X