No announcement yet.

Hitler's Stosstruppe Blood Order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PS - it'll no doubt be the same story with the Hitler EK2!

Comment

Blood Order

One thing which makes me suspicious about this piece is the fact that the number "1" in "1933" is not the German version which looks more like a "7". IMO this is a red flag unless it is a mis-strike.
      Stan

Comment

so herman historica has a huge amount of stuff from Anny, as with this order. I wonder what the provenance adds to the piece.

Comment

Originally posted by Medic789 View Post
          so herman historica has a huge amount of stuff from Anny, as with this order. I wonder what the provenance adds to the piece.
          The bottom line is that the provenance has to be air tight on a piece like this before large amounts of money change hands.

Comment

the BO sold for €21k, the Anny Winter/Adolf Hitler - Iron Cross 1st Class of 1914 for €181k !

Comment

badge

This thing looks like a fantasy item to me!

Comment

Originally posted by Hazheel View Post
                the BO sold for €21k, the Anny Winter/Adolf Hitler - Iron Cross 1st Class of 1914 for €181k !
                I think that his 'named' 'BO' sold for 21K and the Iron cross 181K speaks volumnes for what collectors made of the ST badge. I mean how can you even make a judgement on a badge that no-ones[apart from a few] have seen the reverse? I was dissapointed that the members we have who own the same badges did not show the reverse of theirs or even comment on the HH AH one so we could make an informed judgement.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Fish View Post
                  I think that his 'named' 'BO' sold for 21K and the Iron cross 181K speaks volumnes for what collectors made of the ST badge. I mean how can you even make a judgement on a badge that no-ones[apart from a few] have seen the reverse? I was dissapointed that the members we have who own the same badges did not show the reverse of theirs or even comment on the HH AH one so we could make an informed judgement.
                  The big difference was that the EK had the provenance of being part of Frau Winters estate.
                  I have been told by those who own this type of badge is that the reverse is engraved.

Comment

Erich yes the one just sold was engraved also BUT as we know there is engraving and then there is engraving. One thing for sure by the time they got around to producing what we refer to the 1st pattern Blood order they certainly produced it with a lot more detail and finesse than the ST version.Those Lions remind me of the ugly ones found on copy blood orders.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Fish View Post
                      Erich yes the one just sold was engraved also BUT as we know there is engraving and then there is engraving. One thing for sure by the time they got around to producing what we refer to the 1st pattern Blood order they certainly produced it with a lot more detail and finesse than the ST version.Those Lions remind me of the ugly ones found on copy blood orders.
                      I think I'll stick with my tried and true 1st and 2nd pattern Blood Orders.

Comment

Originally posted by Hazheel View Post
                        Iron Cross 1st Class of 1914 for €181k !
                        Unbelievable.

And there was me thinking it burned with him in Berlin.

Just goes to show.

Comment

Well, I for one am going to consign all of my Hitler EK I's to the next auction if they're bringing that price!
                          Erich
                          Festina lente!

Comment

Originally posted by Erich Benndorff View Post
                            Well, I for one am going to consign all of my Hitler EK I's to the next auction if they're bringing that price!
                            Erich
                            Erich, only if you change your name to Frau Winter first!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X