Mein Kampf published in London with Kriegsmarine stamp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mein Kampf published in London with Kriegsmarine stamp

Hello! I would appreciate any background information regarding this puzzling Mein Kampf. It was published in London in 1939 but has a stamp of Kriegsmarine - Befehlshaber der Siche (rung?) der Ostsee.

Was it really published in London in 1939 and for what purpose? What does KM stamp says? It seems to me that book was captured by Germans?

Comment

Comment

The translaion of the stamp you will find in an other answer here in the WAF.

The meaning of the stamp on the frontpage of the books declares that this book was in the library (possession/owned by) of the German Kriegsmarine.

Gerdan

Comment

It seems a bit odd that a Kriegsmarine unit would have had an English copy of MK on its shelves - the Eher Verlag was very careful about monitoring editions of the book that they didn't produce - but anything's possible.

Still, I've seen too many legitimate books which have had stamps added to them (whether real or totally spurious) after 1945 to make them more attractive to buyers. I'm not saying that's the case here, but it's a possibility. Usually when there's a military stamp like this there are also acquisition/catalogue numbers as well...

I hope this isn't the case here - if legitimate it's a nice odd curio....

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X