Wachstandarte helmets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wachstandarte helmets?

I bought this nice photo at SOS last week.
    2 soldiers from a Wachtstandarte?
    Where could this photograph be from?

Anyone here ever seen one of these helmets in real?
    Attached Files

Left
    Attached Files

Comment

Right...
      Attached Files

Comment

Nice photo. Is it "SA Feldpolizei" ( SA field police) on the gorget?

Comment

What a great photo!!! Dont think they are wachstandarte no cufftitles.Never saw that gorget,they are some sort of SA police guard unit,Gast is guest I dont know what statte means.The name Albert D**be could be a clue.I thougt a honor standarte headquarters but his name isnt in the list.
          Last edited by wewelsburg; 02-26-2010, 01:15 AM.

Comment

Gaststätte=Gasthaus or restraurant

Comment

They appear to be wearing the 1937 Reichsparteitag tinnie on their left pocket, so I would guess they are an SA honour guard for a residence / hotel / dining facility for distinguished guest to the 1937 Rally.

By the way - the goof on the right is wearing his rally tinnie upside down. Wonder how he passed parade.

Comment

That is a fantastic photograph. These gorgets are very hard to find in use (or in person, for that matter). Despite the lack of sleevebands, they would have been a sort of SA Streifendienst/Stabswache for what looks like Standarte 115 (?) during the 1937 Party Rally. The helmet decals/insignia are the Stabswache types.
                The guy with the badge upside down--classic!
                A great find.
                Erich
                Festina lente!

Comment

Erich according to Helmets.com these are teh Stabswache Rohm helmets.

Comment

I assume the Stabswache Rohm was renamed after 1934...

Comment

Just the Stabswache not the Stabswache Lutze or anything,there was never a Stabswache Lutze cuff.Some consider the red "Stabswache "cufftitle to be of the Lutze period,and not earlier as once thoughtbut the cufftitles liek that always turn up unissud for some reason,maybe they didnt wear them that would also explain here..Your right though since 37 they are not Stabswache Rohm obviously,so they must have continued to wear the helmet design.
                      Last edited by wewelsburg; 02-26-2010, 06:25 PM.

Comment

I think that also Stabswache Feldherrnhalle used these helmets for some time?
                        Really hope to see one of these helmets in my collection one day.

Thanks for the kind words about the photo, not seen these helmets that often.

Comment

look at the chains on the gorgets and the style. ill bet if they were for sale at a show most would say fake..but period pics tell truths..

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X