HJ Bugle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HJ Bugle

Hi, sorry if it is not the good place for this.
    Can someone tell me signification and utility on tricolor tresse around this HJ Bugle please???
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Nobody for help me????

Comment

In the earliest days of the H.J. the SA Gau colors were often used on H.J. insignia, also the Landesfarben colors were used. Some of the early H.J. insignia colors also matched the regional colors of the rosettes on the Imperial German helmets. I don't know if that holds true for the cording on this trumpet also.

Comment

not sure about the significance of the cord but its a lovely hj bigle , would have it in my collection anyday, thanks for showing it

Comment

In this case, I think the wrap is to hide the fact that this is a reproduction bugle. This is an India made copy of a British army bugle and is made quite differently than the German models. The bell shape is incorrect, the reinforcing metal on the first turn of the tube was not used on German bugles, the suspension rings and ring mounts are omitted, the details to the eagle are incorrect, the bell reinforcement trim is the wrong finish.
              These copies have been around since the 80s at least, and the reproduction bugles can also be found with Wells Fargo plaques, U.S. War Between the States insignia, or British insignia soldered to the bell.
              Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
              Erich
              Festina lente!

Comment

and thats why i have never bought one lol, know nothing about them

Comment

Thanks Erich, Stuart & Geffolgshaft for your comments.
                  So, Erich, you think this one is a copy???
                  I'll try in few days to remove tassels and take more pics. Don't know more too about this HJ Bugle
                  Thanks again Erich......

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X