Hitler Plate (Rosenthal LAH?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hitler Plate (Rosenthal LAH?)

This is being offered to me. These three photos are all I have right now.

Obviously, it's an interesting piece & I wouldn't mind adding it to my little collection but I know nothing of plates or their ilk of the period so I would welcome any/all comments.

Seller alleges it's a hand painted Rosenthal plate (I don't know Rosenthal from a hole in the ground so, perhaps someone could enlighten me), also, there's what appears to me to be the LAH monogram at the base. Again, it looks nice but I've no reference datum to judge by.

Anyone seen something like this?

Thanx in advance, Rick C.
    Attached Files

reverse
    Attached Files

Comment

last...

Again, thanx for any guidance.
      Attached Files

Comment

Ive never seen a plate like that before.Rosenthal did coloured plates during the third reich period,mostly at christmas time.
        There is a welll known plate with Hitlers image on a plain white background made i believe by a company called Schumacker.

The thing that puts me off this plate being a original plate is LAH motive and the ein reich which was a phrase for Austria joining the greater reich .Why the
        two together?

Andy

Comment

The other problem is that the plate started life as an ordinary Wehrmacht canteen plate. Having been involved in the ceramics industry, many years ago, I would not expect a fine decoration, such as this, to be placed on a chunky lump of pottery. I would expect fine bone china.

Comment

There have been a number of platters and plates with spurious painted scenes of the SS, SA, Reichsparteitage, etc. on the market since the late 80s or early 90s. One dealer in particular used to bring these to the Great Western Show and professed them to have been done during the period. While they're decorative and more or less well painted, IMO they're done postwar.
            Erich
            Festina lente!

Comment

I agree with my fellow members: I don't like the style, combination of the picture/painting (LAH and motto) and the fact that there is an ordinary Heer eagle on the bottom.
              Stay away I would say!

Comment

All your comments are appreciated. I'll let this little gem go to another.

Thank you all for the guidance.

Rick C.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X